shavette questions

Here is where you mark this thread as “ I told you so “ You will get a straight razor, you will waste money on shavettes, you will know I am right… so forget the shavette and get a nice vintage straight that is shave ready

I agree, a well honed vintage SR is a bargain at between 50-75 from a known good seller who puts decent edges on. That last bit is critical though, especially for one's first SR.

Of course then you've got to maintain said edge, so begins the wallet battering fun of strops and hones. But with it a lot of satisfaction.

Anyone have any views on the Ali Biyikli straight razor; I have one and was thinking about having a go after being an absolute failure at DE shaving. Has anyone got any recommendations for suitable blades; I have: Voskhod; Shark Super SS; Personna Platinum and Feather Hi SS left over from my failed attempts at DE shaving.
I realise that Ali Biyikli is the very basic model but most of the Turkish Barbers seem to use these razors and whilst I appreciate they are obviously professional seem to obtain very good results using them; most barbers I have encountered in India also use a similar type of razor.
Thank you in advance of any responses.

Back
Top Bottom