shavette or straight

after talking bought Japanese razor thought i would have a look see what i could fined and seen this JAPANESE KAMISORI STRAIGHT ebay Item number: 110605482381.so i flung a bid in andwone :D so am just wondering the best way to clean this up or should i just send it out to some one like neil.but thats me all spent out now lol so no more new toys my wife says

I have been using a shavette for a while now and apart for the odd moment of not paying attention I get very close shave that is smooth and comfortable and if I take my time and stay switched on to what I'm doing I'll be cut free as well. I have just received my straights back from restoration and honing but it's too early for me to make a comparison at the moment untill I have a few more shaves with them under my belt.

Shavette pros's
no honing/stropping
always going to be sharp
cheap.

Cons
very sharp easy to cut your self and the sharp corners of the de blades are a the biggest problem for me, but have found de blades with more rounded corners that resolved this issue but were dorcos so gave a very uncomfortable shave bugger!!
it still uses disposeable blades so still a question of the enviromental impact from production to transportation to sale.

Back
Top Bottom