SHAVETTE Of The Day

Tuesday 9th August

Zenith Boar - Signature Soaps Capra - Tedalus Essence/Feather Professional - Lustray Spice AS

The maiden outing for the Essence...and very nice it was! Balance and ergonomics were spot on. The blade had already had a couple of shaves so was broken in nicely. I know I am goiing to have a lot of very nice shaves with this one!

20230128_073225.jpg

My first shave with the SRX. In fact, my first shave with a shavette for years. My last one used the longer blades and didn't really give me great results. This was loaded with half a Shark SS.

I had a good hot wash and soak and applied some oil before face lathering.

I was perhaps being a bit cautious with a very safe angle, so the first pass WTG was actually less aggressive and less close than I expected.

I got braver and used a steeper angle ATG for the next pass with a final tidying half pass.

Overall it's much easier to use than I expected. And much less aggressive. I have a very smooth face and just a couple of light nicks. All part of the learning process.

I'll go again tomorrow, steeper from the off with my WTG pass so I can try finish with just two passes (as I do with my R41).

Overall much less scary than I expected!!

From Solingen with love.
https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/posts/907690/
RVRvANh.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom