SHAVETTE Of The Day

If going wtg (N to S) I use my left hand for all of the left side of my face, and my right on my right side.
I use the opposite for atg. Left hand for the right side and right for the left.
That's how I do it too, it's comfortable that way.

Tedalus Essence shavette, not yet on the market (in a few weeks)

View attachment 70273

I really like the look of that shavette :)

Yesterday was my fifth day of learning to control the shavette..... ouch what a massacre.

I was Ok until yesterday, never had nothing more than a minor nick... I must have gained too much confidence and boom, the beast bit me whilst trying to do on ATG on the jawline... and then again and again... ( I hadn't really been doing ATGs until then , I didnt have the confidence)

Tonight I have no other option than to use the DE.. I have to wait until my shavette gouges heal..

I feel as though I have now got the feeling for the angles when doing a WTG but everything flies out the window again on the ATG.... It's crazy how a change of direction can have such an impact...

We learn by our mistakes... just a shame that they sting so much :devilish:..

After the massacre on Wednesday and having given the time for the wounds to heal, I went in for a new battle and I won : zero damage.

I had also watched a YT video by GeoFatBoy who mentioned that for any really delicate areas the the solution is just to use the end of the blade.. For me at least it appears to work

SoTd
Thought I would go with a shavette for a change though I have to be honest it was only the 4th shave on the blade and I felt like I was pushing my luck a little..I like a BBS shave everyday with minimal effort which I get from my straights. The previous shaves with this blade were excellent but today took some work to achieve that BBS and I felt like if I’d have pushed it any further I may have ended up with some irritation so I’ve come to the conclusion while a shavette can provide an excellent shave 3 shaves is the limit on the blades for me..I know others get far more but I’d much rather switch the blade out for my usual flawless finish than squeeze that little extra and end up with irritation, I’m the same with DE blades 3 shaves and it’s done ! Really enjoyed the proraso red again it’s a great scent and a great performer..overall a lovely shave feeling super smooth and refreshedBAA4DF9D-09BF-4F30-9345-E2086ED5564E.jpeg

Long time since my last shave with a shavette. However, it went albeit a bit awkward but rather smooth and close nevertheless. I'm going to return to this kind of razors this summer.

sotd_145.jpg

Back
Top Bottom