Shavette great shave

So been meaning to do a quick write up on this recently, Max sent me a shavette to try as I thought it would be a good transition to a Straight on a budget after not finding anyone who would hone my straight :( .

So first shave went bad... Not many cuts but I failed to stretch my skin well etc so ended up with a terrible shave.

Had my second shave today, using Sunbury's Lime soap and honestly closest shave I have ever had, I got the angle spot on which I was surprised with compared to last time, the stretching of the skin made massive differences, and honestly post shave I had no pain, dryness etc of skin that even with DE I get a little, I actually forgot to put on ASB or AS as I couldn't feel a thing wrong.

The actual shave from two passes WTG feels like when I do a full 3 pass with my DE but actually a little closer, okay I missed a few patches under jaw etc but really happy with shave.

So if all goes well few more shaves, might tempt me into a straight purchase (shave ready this time :p)

I hear Neal Miller/Andy/Ralfy from shaveready.com are razor honing experts in the UK..but non the less..good to know you enjoy your Shavette

B

FrenchBlade said:
Glad you got on with it!

If you can manage the shavette, you should manage a straight, give it a few more goes though.. might have been beginners luck :)

Max

Indeed. It's when you get confident, even cocky, that you get bitten! I know I did!!

Ian

Back
Top Bottom