Shave Sticks

if you can not find one locally ,DM me your details & i will post you one ......;)
first of all many thanks for the kind offer, would be better to give someone who hasnt tried it out as i've actually used to use palmolive shaving sticks all the time years ago in my teens when i was a facial shaver

just was wondering if i could maybe grab a few locally but not sure where from

thanks again mate :)

They are gone from most retailers, you're best bet are some local chemists who might have a few sticks sitting on their shelves.
yea might have to try out pharmacists, as i did manage to grab two nivea shaving sticks for like a quid each so yea you may be onto something

Can anyone confirm 100% that the Wilkinson Sword blue tallow stick has been discontinued as someone alluded to? I sold my last used one to a fella back in 2017 or so with a razor. I always liked the performance. The smell was clearly post-industrial, but still better than Tabac IMO. I ask as I know a site or two over here that have some and was thinking about lardering away a couple. :whistle:

Can anyone confirm 100% that the Wilkinson Sword blue tallow stick has been discontinued as someone alluded to? I sold my last used one to a fella back in 2017 or so with a razor. I always liked the performance. The smell was clearly post-industrial, but still better than Tabac IMO. I ask as I know a site or two over here that have some and was thinking about lardering away a couple. :whistle:
It seems so; but I dunno about delivery to the States @Bogeyman

It seems so; but I dunno about delivery to the States @Bogeyman

There are some vendors over here with it in stock. I was just wanting to know definitively if it has been discod.

I use in my rotation in SOTDs.. 32 shaving sticks ...

1. Taconic URBAN WOODS
    usa_bandera.png
  2. SCHEERZEEPSTAAF de De Vergulde Hand
  3. ORIGINAL , de LEA
  4. LA TOJA (formulacion actual)
  5. EASY SHAVING de Perfect Shaving
  6. GIBBS (1930)
  7. Taconic BAY RUM
  8. CLASSIC, de Palmolive UK
  9. VALOBRA
  10. GAL con Alantoina (de 1960)
  11. ARKO
  12. CLASSIC , de Palmolive ( formulacion de 1940)
  13. AGED SPICE, de Mama Bear
  14. SPEICK
  15. SANDALWOOD (The Old Bond Street)
  16. ST JAMES (The Old Bond Street)
  17. Dr HARRIS ALMOND
  18. ERASMIC
  19. MORE FOR YOU
  20. DERBY
  21. TABAC
  22. Dr HARRIS SANDALWOOD
  23. IRISCH MOS
  24. BLACK CODE de Mama Bear
  25. Dr HARRIS ARLINGTON
  26. WILKINSON
  27. BRUTE de Mama Bear
  28. BUCKTHORN MUHLE
  29. LA TOJA (formulacion 1960)
  30. EASY ( formulacion 1930)
  31. SHAVE STIK de BarberUpp
  32. ULTRA SLICK de Pacific Shaving Company
WOW…. 32 lube sticks, I don’t know how you keep up.

just tried one local pharmacy to grab some old stock palmolive shaving sticks, he said someone came in and grabbed the lot lol

im on a mission to find some just for the fun of it obviously helps that is a good hsvaing stick too

This thread inspired me to pick up a Boots shaving stick the other day when I was in store.

Used it by rolling a damp shaving brush around the tip and then lathering up on the face and it worked well. A nice thick lather, seemed to cushion and glide OK and smelt quite pleasant.

Plastic reusable tube and enough of a plastic base to be able to actually get hold off and pick up when shaving.

There are some vendors over here with it in stock. I was just wanting to know definitively if it has been discod.
It is no longer on their website.

The awful blue bowl is still for sale on the website but in clearance (and no doubt once gone, also no longer on the website). The (new) black bowl, consistent with the rebrand, is likely the single soap going forwards. I'd take its lack of appearance on the website as a pretty clear indication that it is no longer being actively retailed by Wilkinson Sword. That, and it's a tallow stick ... which seems to be a thing that is being consigned to the past at the moment.

I certainly like mine. You like Palmolive, and I'd say it's very much in the same vein but difference being it also contains lovely lanolin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom