Shave of the month!

Morning, gents.

Extremely pleased with this morning's shave - the best I've had to date. A real face-fondler. Goes to show that persistence does pays dividends. Quick overview:

- Hot shower
- Few drops of shave oil massaged in as pre-shave
- TOBS Rose done up like Mr Whippy
- Merkur HD loaded with 2-day old Personna blade
- 1st pass WTG; 2nd XTG; 3rd WTG on neck area and ATG on face
- Finish with cold-water rinse and Proraso balm
- Admire results

This might sound a bit daft, and obvious to the more experienced (but hopefully helpful to fellow rookies), but today was the first time I really made an effort to stretch my skin throughout the shave. Up until now the only skin-stretching I've done has been the ususal face-pulling-cheeks-puffing routine - you know, when you start doing impersonations of Jimmy Hill and Heather from Eastenders. Can be a bit slippery at times (so take care), but worth a go if you're not already doing it.

Anyway, enough from me. I'm off to a quiet corner to stroke my face.

Nape

Congrats on a much better shave...on a more serious note all that stroking of your'e freshly scraped face can undo some your'e good work, a bit like allowing a dog to lick your'e face after it's licked it's nads. :shock:

Well maybe not quite that bad but you know what I mean.

antdad said:
Congrats on a much better shave...on a more serious note all that stroking of your'e freshly scraped face can undo some your'e good work, a bit like allowing a dog to lick your'e face after it's licked it's nads. :shock:

Well maybe not quite that bad but you know what I mean.

:lol: You may have just invented a whole new pre-shave method, antdad! A rough dog tongue to open up those pores and gently exfoliate the skin. Just make sure the dog's a bitch. And make sure it's your dog!

"This might sound a bit daft, and obvious to the more experienced (but hopefully helpful to fellow rookies), but today was the first time I really made an effort to stretch my skin throughout the shave. Up until now the only skin-stretching I've done has been the ususal face-pulling-cheeks-puffing routine - you know, when you start doing impersonations of Jimmy Hill and Heather from Eastenders. Can be a bit slippery at times (so take care), but worth a go if you're not already doing it."

My barber at Hungerford emphasised the importance of stretching the skin. Tricky, but worth the effort.

Back
Top Bottom