Not open for further replies.
hunnymonster said:
Wednesday Oldest enduring Military Alliance Shave

Kent BK4 (ENG)
O Melhor (POR)
1958 British Gillette TV Special (ENG)
UK Wilkinson (1) (ENG)
Boots Teatree & Witch Hazel (ENG)

Very nice - not sure about the smell of the O Melhor though - reminds me of something that I can't put my finger on. Thanks to fozz for including it as ballast in the package he sent last month :)

At first I thought it smelt like fresh cut grass with lemons ( not a cocktail :) ) not unpleasant, unusual, hard to pin point. After a while i thought i got a faint whiff of CK eternity??

Thursday

Merkur 39c Slant
Swede
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Kent Soap (MWF)
L'Occitane Cade asb

3rd day with the slant, and it hasn't eaten my food, drank my scotch, stolen my money or hit on my wife.

Ian

Thursday Night

Edwin Jagger DE.87
Feather (2)
Vulfix Pure
Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn Cream
Alum
Alum
Alum

Used the EJ 87 for the second time last night. Ouch. What a difference from the first time round. All was going well until the second pass on my neck - it felt a bit rough. Great results on cheeks and chin, but was the deal on the neck? Hoping - really hoping - for a repeat performance of the BBS shave it gave me the other night, I took the plunge and went ATG on my neck. It didn't want to know. Naturally I stopped, but was still left with 3 bloody pin pricks and redness. Feck.

Friday

Williams Mug
Merkur HD
GST D4
Alum
Thayers w/aloe
Ems Balancing ASB
Alt Innsbruck

Great shave. Alt Innsbruck is doing it for me at the moment.

Red Tip + Bleue Extra
AOS Sandalwood soap + CH2
Alum + Whazel
DRH Sandalwood AS

I wanted to confirm that the Bleue Extra is not as sharp as a feather or as smooth as a Swede.
It's really not that far from either of them.

Friday

Merkur HD
Red Personna (2)
Tabac Soap
Unnamed badger brush
TOBS Alum
TOBS Mr Taylor A/S Balm

A couple of sprays of Creed's Millesime Imperiale

The Red Packs are working out well for me, today was my first 100% BBS. May have to get some in bulk and possibly PIF the majority of my blade sampler pack.

andyjreid said:
The Red Packs are working out well for me, today was my first 100% BBS. May have to get some in bulk and possibly PIF the majority of my blade sampler pack.
Jolly good. 200 Red IPs from Connaught at the special TSR rate are a notable bargain, and will keep you going for a couple of years. I doubt that anyone actually dislikes these blades as they get the job done reliably well, are fairly forgiving, and put certain more expensive products to shame. Nonetheless, at some stage it'd be interesting for you to try out some of the higher end blades to see if it's worth paying the extra: I'd recommend Super Iridiums for an audition, as well as some variety of Gillette 7 o'clock, and Feather, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom