Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday

'Neo' Custom made brush in Badger
Real Shaving Co. cream
Futur
Red Personna (1)
Harvard A/S

Postie brought my custom made brush today and all I can say is wow, Neo is a genius :) It sat in my hand perfectly (almost as if it was made for it ;)) Really comfortable to use and face lathered the cream no problemo, I highly recommend you all get one :D

Had to put a new blade in thr futur as the other one didn't feel right, only had 2 shaves out of it, usually get more than that. Anything to do with the extra weight of the futur or am i making things up now?? Hopefully my super thins will be here soon and then who knows, there maybe some Red Personnas to give away :D

Wednesday

'66 Gillette Superspeed
Gillette 'Swede'
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Proraso Aloe and Green Tea Shaving Soap
D.R. Harris a/s Milk

Ian

Thursday

Futur
Gillette Swede
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Proraso Aloe and Green Tea Shaving Soap
D.R. Harris a/s Milk

I'd forgotten how good the Futur/Swede combo is. Excellent shave.

Ian

Thursday

Trumpers Coral Skin Food
Merkur HD w/ Merkur (1st use)
Proraso
The Gent's Shop Silvertip Badger
Kings of Shave SPF8 Moisturizer

For a much maligned blade I had a great shave with the Merkur. I admit I didn't mean to use a Merkur but I blindly pulled a pack from my blade store (jiffy bag) expecting a Keramik or Derby (about 20 packs of each) but ended up getting one of only 2 packs of Merkurs in there. Perhaps I should do this weeks lottery? Will be interested to see how long the Merkur lasts, I *love* the shave with a Kermik blade but it barely gets through 3 shaves.

THURSDAY.

More or less a ditto of the post by Yanner.

Merkur HD
Merkur Blade (day 1)
Erasmic Cream
EJ Pure Brush

Nivea ASB
Tabac AS

I've always been put off by the comments on this board about Merkur blades but this morning I gave it a whirl. Good result after 3 passes and a tidy up; not awesome but good. Slightly more pressure needed on the HD. I will continue to go for 4 days of action from the blade.

No nicks, cuts or afterburn. As I say good enough.

Thursday

Dome Straight (finished off with a slant + WS Classic blade)
Old Spice Soap
Custom Badger
Old Spice A/S (Old Shulton formula)

Had another try with Exile's giveaway straight this morning. I'm either getting better or braver with it, managed 2 WTG passes everywhere except under the chin so finished off with a pass from the slant. A straight and a slant in the same shave, I should be lying dead on the bathroom floor :lol:

Custom brush was a treat to use and easily held enough lather for all 3 passes and had more to give :D

Edwin Jagger Pure
Aqueous (as preshave)
Palmolive Stick
Lord TTO
Feather (1)
Boots Moisturiser
Givenchy Pi

First use of a Feather - treated it with utmost respect - possibly too much. Really nice shave though and seems to go well with a slightly less heavy razor.

Friday:
Feather AC RG (folding) / Pro Guard blade
Simpson Duke 2 Pure
Truefitt & Hill Luxury shaving soap
D R Harris Pink aftershave
D R Harris Aftershave Milk
Caron: Le Troisiemme Homme EDT

Friday

Trumpers Coral Skin Food
Merkur HD w/ Merkur (2nd use)
Proraso
The Gent's Shop Silvertip Badger
Kings of Shave SPF8 Moisturizer

Another good shave out of the Merkur blade, having looked at the price of them I can see why they don't get a lot of use, solid middle of the road blade, for me, but a Rolls Royce price.

2 WTG passes, good enough, need to shave again tonight before going out, still closer than a pass with a Fusion though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom