Shave of the day w/c Saturday 3rd October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday

A very interesting shave today.

Merkur 38C/Gillette super thin (4) and Mach 3.
Simpson Duke 3
SAs Warm spice soap (as pre shave then superlather)
TOBS Mr Taylor cream
Alum
TOBS A/S balm

I reported yesterday my reservations about the lather made from Soapalchemist's soap - great effect on the skin afterwards but unstable during the shave.
Well today I applied the lather as a pre shave then with some left in the brush whipped up a superlather with TOBS Mr Taylor cream. Three pass shave.

End result. Superb. Wholly satisfying lather for shave. The feel of my skin afterwards and now several hours later is again as good as anything I have achieved since trying new creams and soaps these past few weeks. I shall keep my warm spice for use either as a preshave or as a partner for a superlather combination.
In a previous post I commented on a soreness and dryness after using TOBS Mr Taylor balm. No problem at all today. So just because one has a problem is no reason to quickly discard using something. It may work well in other combinations.

Tuesday

Edwin Jagger Pure
Aqueous (as preshave)
Culmak Shaving Soap
Lord Premium Razor
Derby (new)
Boots Moisturiser

Love the Culmak - real old school barbers smell and very cheap. The Lordy isn't bad for £5 but I might use a bit of lead tape on it to alter the swingweight.

Tuesday

Trumpers Coral Skin Food
Merkur HD w/ Astra Keramik (2nd use)
Proraso
The Gent's Shop Silvertip Badger
Kings of Shave SPF8 Moisturizer

Tuesday

'66 Gillette Superspeed
Gillette 'Swede'
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Taylors Shaving Shop Cream
Nivea asb
Davidoff Cool Water (the bottle was just there so I had a squirt)

Ian

Monday

Didn't shave - that's one of very few days I've missed since starting with a DE :eek: No idea why I didn't shave, but felt really scruffy this morning... but past experience tells me not to cycle with a freshly shaved face, so straight after my lunchtime ride:

Tuesday

Kent BK4
Tabac (it's suffering from Tabacollapse - where the cake starts to tilt in the jar :lol:)
1958 Gillette British TV Special
Bluebird (1)

hunnymonster said:
Monday

Didn't shave - that's one of very few days I've missed since starting with a DE :eek: No idea why I didn't shave, but felt really scruffy this morning... but past experience tells me not to cycle with a freshly shaved face, so straight after my lunchtime ride:

Tuesday

Kent BK4
Tabac (it's suffering from Tabacollapse - where the cake starts to tilt in the jar :lol:)
1958 Gillette British TV Special
Bluebird (1)

There is a superstition among some pro cyclists that shaving just before a race will remove some strength.

[/quote]
There is a superstition among some pro cyclists that shaving just before a race will remove some strength.[/quote]

i thought that was shagging not shaving

definitely shaving, the shagging was footballers I think and rather a ban by the manager than a superstition.If you happen to watch cycling at any point check out the time trial stages you will probably see a lot of them with some stubble.The commentators often comment on it.

hando said:
well Chris Hoy never ate Bran Flakes when he was training, that's for sure

lol and I am sure Robert Millar never at Kellogs start when he was king of the mountains. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom