Shave of the day w/c Saturday 26th September 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday 2nd October

Trumpers Coral Skin Food
Schick Injector w/ Unbranded blade (Personna?) (2nd use)
Proraso
The Gent's Shop Silvertip Badger
Kings of Shave SPF8 Moisturizer

Dropped my Merkur when getting it from my shelf and not wishing to risk a nick in the blade, and not wanting to use a fresh blade without cleaning the razor (damn OCD) I used the Schick for the first time in a few weeks. Good but not great shave, irritation free and comfortable. Getting a real warm buzz off the Coral Skin Food that I didn't get from the Limes version, not unpleasant just a bit strange.

Friday

Erasmic (bowl) Soap.
EJ Pure Badger
Merkur 23C
IP Blade (day 4)

Nivea AS Balm
Tabac AS

Very close. I am particularly impressed with the blade for day 4 - going for another day with it tomorrow. My default choice Derby is normally tugging on day 4. I'll reassess the default option in a couple of weeks I think. Anyone else find this Derby tugging thing?

The 23C handles beautifully, much easier to steer than the HD and very smooth results. Similar to the EJ 89L in outcome and performance.

The Erasmic lathers well, I shouldn't need to say that but it always makes me feel good to promote Erasmic, it's is a much undervalued product in all guises, I feel.

All in all a very good scrape!

:shave

Regards all,

BS

Friday

Mach 3
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Taylor's Rose Shaving Cream
D.R. Harris a/s Milk

We have important vistors at work today, so I decided that I needed a completly smooth face without the risk of blood - enter the Mach 3. 2 passes: 1 down, 1 up, sorted. Bit of a Rose theme with the cream and a/s milk.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom