Shave of the day w/c Saturday 24th October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday:
Gillette HD Rocket / Personna (Red Pack)
Simpson Duke 2 Pure Badger Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Boots Freshwood Aftershave

I can't see this changing any time soon.

Freshwood (for those who might be interested) smells very much like Mr Taylor's Gentleman's Cologne.

Wednesday

Futur
Swede
Simpson's Best Badger Special
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
L'Occitane Cade asb

That's correct, same again. Better lather today. I seem to be getting the hang of the Cade soap.

Ian

Wednesday

MWF - Lamb Juice
Semogue 1305
Merkur HD
Gillette Super Thin D3
Alum
Aqua Velva
444 ASB

That was my first shave with Lamb Juice. I managed to get a good lather out of it but there is definately room for improvement. Im off to read antdad's tutorial.

Wednesday

Kent BK4
Tabac
1958 British Gillette TV Special
Laser Ultra (4)
Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel

This blade seems to be "the little engine that can" - day 4 with no apparent dulling. Of course it might be a "rogue" good blade :? I've had that before from the Indian subcontinent.

Thursday

Futur
Swede
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
L'Occitane Cade asb

Probably my longest run of monogamy ever, but the lather is getting better with every shave. The cade seems to like a little more water than my other soaps.

Ian

Wednesday

Edwin Jagger Pure
Boots Soap
Gillette GII
Merkur HD
Super Iridium (4)
Aqua Velva

I was in a rush this morning so thought I'd use the GII. After the first pass, I realised I could shave just as quickly with a DE razor so switched back to the Merkur. No reason why you can't have a reasonably rapid DE shave when needs must.

Thursday

MWF-Lamb juice
SC-68
Gillette Old, open comb
Lord D 1
Alum
Aqua Velva
444 ASB

Slight improvement with my lather this morning. I need to get more product into/onto the brush. First ever shave with a Lord blade. It performed well, especially as the lather was not the best.

Thursday

B&B Essential Brush
Proraso Pre
Omega Soap
1958 British Gillette TV Special
Indian Laser Ultra (5)
Tabac AS

Well I think the Laser has burned out - this might have been a step too far for it, but hey - new blade has to be tested to destruction right?

Forgot how mentholly the Proraso/Omega combo is too - especially with the cold water splash at the end with the water at 5C :mrgreen:

Friday

Muhle R41 OC
Israeli Unmarked (3)
Connaught Sample Cream - Violet
EJ Pure Brush

Proraso AS
Proraso ASB

Paul's Connaught sample cream is most excellent! The scent is, however, a little out of kilter with regional sensitivities and attitudes but, hey.

The Muhle OC / IP set-up is proving to be a real winning combination for me.

A very good shave!

Friday

Gillette Sensor Excel
L'Occitane Cade Soap
L'Occitane Cade asb

I knew something would change before the week was out. I forgot to change the blade in the Futur last night, and didn't really have time this morning so grabbed the Sensor. Anyway, still a nice shave.

Wearing a PINK tie today, and have had to pay £2 for the privilage.

Ian

Friday - The Taming of the Sheep

Edwin Jagger Pure
MWF
Merkur HD
Super Iridium (5)
Aqua Velva

Reading a tip on the MWF thread, I scrubbed some suds on my chops in between loading the brush. Resulted in a good quantity of rich lather... a good product just got even better for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom