Alum & Thayer's witch hazel
English Fern EdT to top it off

Next, clean out the gutters.

Thursday

Slant + Tesco Blade
La Toja super lather
EJ Medium Best
Harvard A/S

It' my birthday so finally got to unleash the slant :) I've got to say can't see what all the fuss is about. Don't get me wrong it was a nice, close, irritation free shave but it was achieved with no more or less effort than using my superspeed.

thursday evening shave

wapi 1 dressed in stainless(neglected it for a while)
Kent BK4
p160 soap( loving the mazipan )
nivia a.s.b
kuros a/s ( bit of 80s old school )

only a quickie the 3 s's sh@t,shower and shave 35mins
good shave the wapi alway gives a smooth shave
listened to Eric Clapton, Cream of Eric Clapton cd

Friday

Kent BK4
Bronnley shaving cream
Mühle R89
alum
Harris Milk

The Bronnley cream is very good: super slick shave, lots of cushion. Scent is citrus-soapy, fairly neutral. Afterwards my face felt very moisturised.

Thursday

Feather Popular
Gillette Bleue Extra
404 mix
Monsavon soap
Aqua Velva Classic

first try with these blades so i went back to the mild Feather for safety, nice smooth shave with this combo and the excellent Monsavon lather just gets better to use.
got more AV in the sink than on my face due to the feckin bottle design :roll:

Friday

Duke 3
Merkur 38C/red personna
Trumpers Almond cream
Mr Taylor A/S Balm

Mentioned that last time I used Mr Taylor balm it left me sore and dry. Tried it again today but did not precede it by using alum block. No problem this time. My skin was completely comfortable. Just relied on warm then cold rinse after the shave. Might there be a problem using both alum and an aftershave which includes Witch Hazel?

Fido said:
Mentioned that last time I used Mr Taylor balm it left me sore and dry. Tried it again today but did not precede it by using alum block. No problem this time. My skin was completely comfortable. Just relied on warm then cold rinse after the shave. Might there be a problem using both alum and an aftershave which includes Witch Hazel?

I have the same issue if I don't thoroughly rinse the alum away before using balm. Seems to be some reaction or else the alum acts as a barrier. Either way, the balm doesn't like alum.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom