Not open for further replies.
Stitch306 said:
Saturday

Kent/MWF
EJ Best
Feather Portable
7 o'clock yellow
Harvard A/S

Still irritated from the last couple of days, only thing I can think of that caused it was asking too much of a wilkie blade that had given it's best :D Been at this DE lark since last february and it's the first time I've had irritation so bad I want to sand my face off!!!

Sunday

'71 Superspeed
Tesco Blade
EJ Best
Body Shop Maca Root
Harvard A/S

WEnt with a one WTG 'that'll have to do' pass. I would have preffered to skip today but I'm on nights and have to be clean shaven. Went with a setup that I know is mild on me.

Not in work for 12 days after this shift so may have a couple of days off shaving if I can stand the itching or my wife objects to me sandpapering her face :D

A couple of days off shaving???

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

How? Why?

:eek:

Monday

O Melhor SC
Koh-I-Noor sc68
Merkur HD
Gillette Super Thin D5
Alum
Thayers
Aqua Velva with 444

Damn fine shave, if i say so myself. I have decided that the O Melhor scent also has a faint hint of Calvin Klien Eternity, i think. Whatever it is, its nice :) The Gillette is good for another shave. Amazing- They give great shaves, seem to go on for ever & are as cheap as chips.

Sunday

Omega Boar
Slim
Wilkinson UK

Tabac
Proraso pre/post afterwards
squirt of Acqua di Parma from a sampler.

Having spent an eye-watering amount on perfume for my wife, the nice lady in the shop gave me a few freebies. There's no point in my attempting to describe scents since I haven't a clue how to go about it, but I liked that one, and got an appreciative sniff from the boss.

Tuesday

Exile's giveaway straight (must be a shorter name for it!)
'71 Superspeed, Tesco Blade (2) to touch up
EJ Medium Best
Old Spice Soap
Old Spice Limes A/S

No work for a few days so took my time and had another go with the straight, one WTG pass on the bits I dared and if I'd wanted a goatee I'd have been done, still a bit chicken under the nose and chin. Finished these bits off with the superspeed.
All the talk on another thread prompted me to reach for the old spice mug, finished off with the old spice limes, only got 1/4 of the bottle left :(

Tuesday

Kent BK8 silvertip with IKEA bowl
Merkur 38C, red personna
Mr Taylor cream
Alum
Mr Taylor balm

Very interesting. The BK8 was such a pleasure today, lathered in the bowl and applied lather in circular as well as painting motion to finish off. Getting used to it now. Such a luxurious feel.
Three passes - last very light ATG to finish.
Very smooth shave. But just a little soreness for the first hour after the shave that I have not had in recent days. I wonder if it was the Mr Taylor balm not matching up to the soothing effect I get with my milk based balms. Mr Taylor is a clear gel. Or perhaps the cream was lathered in a way that did not give enough protection. Or perhaps I overdid the passes. Chief suspect is the Mr Taylor balm so I would welcome feedback from anyone else who has tried this.

Hello Fido,

I tried the Mr Taylor balm some time ago, and it wasn't for me, alas. Didn't do anything for my skin, only making it very sore and dry. Culprit is the large amount of witch hazel in it, I suspect, which isn't matched by sufficient moisturing - for my skin at least. Maybe if you have very oily skin, this is the product to use?

The scent isn't much good either in my opinion: more of an aloe vera sort of thing: very light but nothing like Mr Taylor cream or cologne.

Moral of the story: I've since sticked with the trusty D.R. harris aftershaving milk, which is the best AS product I've come across yet.

Frederick, thanks for that.

It confirms what I thought. I had the same experience - soreness and dryness. But I did not get this when I used Mr Taylor following use of cade soap. Different interaction? Will try it again with cade before I ditch it.

I too am delighted with the DR Harris after shave milk. And if our postal service ever gets back to normal here my DR Harris milk moisturiser will arrive.

Merkur HD
Gillette Platinum
Kent BK2
TOBS Sensitive Cream
Cold Rinse
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil to moisturise

After getting some pleasant results using Palmolive Cream for the past couple of weeks, getting back to using the TOBS is like the return of an old girlfriend. I can't really remember how we parted, but I re-pledge my love! Let's never part again......

Tuesday:
Gillette HD Rocket / Feather Blade
Crabtree & Evelyn Pure Badger Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Taylors #74 Victorian Lime Aftershave

The C&E has ousted my Simpson Duke 2. You know, when something works it just works.

Tuesday

Good face wash with L'occitane bath soap
Edwin Jagger Best Badger (C&E)
Floris No.89 shave soap

Muhle R41 open comb razor
Tesco Personna Blade (day1)
Trumpers Lime Skin Food
Shower
DR Harris AS Milk

Lovely shave today. Think I have discovered my go-to blade for the R41. I consistently got nicks with the Gillette 7o'clock yellows - nothing but smoothness today with the cheapo tesco blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom