Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Omega boar
Aristocrat Jr.
Asda Personna

Proraso pre/post before
Taylors sandalwood cream and aftershave

I was stupid enough to take a big, ragged chunk out of my left hand at work yesterday, so I'm not allowed to get the bandage wet. I was surprised how little trouble I had shaving this morning without stretching the skin, in fact it was one of my better efforts.

You'd be amazed how well clingfilm can be used to protect against moisture for short (read 10-20 minute) periods in such instances. (I had this when my leg was bandaged after a cricket injury - involving my own bat splintering into a million pieces, the largest of which ended up messily in the back of my calf)

Tip gratefully received, thanks. It's got to be better than the undersized surgical glove I got from the nurse - I gave up on trying to get that on without tearing it. That cricket bat injury sounds like a bizarre bit of bad luck, almost on a par with a lightning strike.

Saturday (morning):
Bic Metal
Duke 2 Pure
Ingram cream

Saturday (evening):
Feather AC RG (folding) / Professional blade
Duke 2
Erasmic cream

I'm normally a soap person but decided to give some under-used creams a run out. I like both of these creams along with Palmolive. They all knock any of the more expensive stuff (from London) into cocked hats.

Interesting that I should follow Fozz.

I followed his tip on a double shake of the Semogue 1305 after the water had stopped dripping, then took it for no more than 30 seconds on my cade soap then directly face lathered for the first time. Perfect! Only one brief return to the puck before completing 3 good passes and a final tidy up. The lather suited me perfectly. I suspect that's the end of using a bowl for soap lathering. Time will tell for creams.

Had an odd and unlikely to be repeated combination today.

Merkur 38C and red personna
L'Occitane cade soap
Alum
Proraso splash
DR Harris balm

Had intended just to use the splash. Soon felt dry. So added the balm.
A great smooth shave though. And comfortable now. Another pay off from reading of the experience of others here.

Sunday hangover shave!!

Stropped the wapi which I haven't used in the last couple of months, but couldn't face
That surgical edge, so stropped up the joseph rodgers, god I like this razor!
Honeybees oldspice soap
Beaten in a lather with kent bk4
3 pass affair good clean shave no nicked or cuts
Teatree asb
Oldspice lime after shave( such a refreshing smell)

Bbs shave to term the yanks

Good start to the morning and an amazing hangover remerdy where's the greasy
Fry-up :D

Sunday:
Gillette HD Rocket / Feather blade
Simpson Duke 2 Pure
Czech & Speake #88 shaving soap
Taylors Victorian Lime aftershave
Czech & Speake #88 cologne

Head-shave:
Feather AC RG (folding) / Professional blade

Yep, that's right, a head-shave with the deadliest razor and blade combo on the face of the planet and not a drop of blood was shed.

One of my rare SOTD reports!

Mama Bear Wild Mint & Ivy
Flair Tip Superspeed
Feather
Semogue 1305
Proraso Pre/Post

Nearly finished this MB soap and now the OCD is kicking in, desperate to finish it off now. Can't stand an almost empty tub. :evil: I've also decided I don't like Feathers. I've always been scornful of the "Oh my God, don't try a Feather, you'll cut your freakin' head off they're sooooo sharp" brigade, but I hate to admit that I do seem to get more nicks with Feathers than any other blade.

Rev-O's Superspeed is still cool. :cool: Ditto the Semogue 1305, even though the base got chipped on the way to Sir Prize's house.

Just started using Proraso again, as a post-shave moisturiser. I only need a smidgeon, otherwise my face feels greasy all morning. Does the job and gives a great tingle. Thank you for listening. :shave

Adam

Saturday

Kent/MWF
EJ Best
Feather Portable
7 o'clock yellow
Harvard A/S

Still irritated from the last couple of days, only thing I can think of that caused it was asking too much of a wilkie blade that had given it's best :D Been at this DE lark since last february and it's the first time I've had irritation so bad I want to sand my face off!!!

Sunday

'71 Superspeed
Tesco Blade
EJ Best
Body Shop Maca Root
Harvard A/S

WEnt with a one WTG 'that'll have to do' pass. I would have preffered to skip today but I'm on nights and have to be clean shaven. Went with a setup that I know is mild on me. Not in work for 12 days after this shift so may have a couple of days off shaving if I can stand the itching or my wife objects to me sandpapering her face :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom