Re: Shave of the day w/c 12th December 2009

Sunday

Merkur 39c 'Slanthammer'
Swede
Vulfix VS/3
Trumpers Rose Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne

Skipped my Saturday shave, so had 48 hours of beard to remove, and removed it was - effortlessly and comfortably.

Picked up the Trumper Rose yesterday, and very nice it is too. Plus the VS/3 is proving to be an incredible brush, especially as it only costs £6.50.

Ian

Wasnt going to shave today because i go out training, but after a hard ride, and a nice shower, i thought, why not.
Merkur 34 HD
Derby Extra
Wilkinson sword brush
The real shave Co cream
Simple after shave balm

Another lovely, smooth, comfortable shave :cool:
3 passes, plus soem touch ups. Mainly on my chin. Its a real bugger to shave there

Sunday
Ever Ready boar brush/Wilkinson sticky with Merkur blade/La Toja shaving sticck/Jojoba oil/English Lavander Atkinson EDT

P1030864.jpg

Monday

Merkur 39C 'Slanthammer"
Swede
Vulfix VS/3
Trumper's Rose Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

The Trumper's Rose soap is superb

Ian

Sunday Evening

Gillette Sensor Excel
Vulfix Pure Badger
RSC Limited Edition Shave Cream
Trumper's Lime Skin Food

Wonderful shave. No kidding. I picked up the Sensor Excel yesterday as I'd never used one and was curious to see how it performed with proper prep, brush and cream. Well, it did a great job WTG, XTG and ATG. Leaving my face billiard-ball smooth, squeaky-clean and devoid of any irritation or rash - a classic case of mileage variance (that said, I never had any real probs with the Mach 3 either). RSC cream was well worth its Poundland price.

Merkur 34c HD
Derby Extra blade
Real Shave Co cream
Wilkinsword brush
Simple aftershave cream

Another lovely smooth shave :cool:

Naked Ape said:
Sunday Evening

Gillette Sensor Excel
Vulfix Pure Badger
RSC Limited Edition Shave Cream
Trumper's Lime Skin Food

Wonderful shave. No kidding. I picked up the Sensor Excel yesterday as I'd never used one and was curious to see how it performed with proper prep, brush and cream. Well, it did a great job WTG, XTG and ATG. Leaving my face billiard-ball smooth, squeaky-clean and devoid of any irritation or rash - a classic case of mileage variance (that said, I never had any real probs with the Mach 3 either). RSC cream was well worth its Poundland price.

It's quite a pleasant surprise when you do that. I did the same with my Mach 3, and got disturbingly good results.

I did an experiment and posted the results on another forum, (before I found TSR) see the link below.

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38278&highlight=mach3+experiment

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom