Shave of the day w/c Saturday 10th October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
More of a 'Shave of the week' really, been using pretty much the same setup since saturday

Futur
Super Thin
Real Shaving Co. cream / Palmolive Stick (not at the same time :D)
Custom Brush
Harvard A/S

Postie brought my thins on friday, typically 20 mins after I'd shaved, so had to wait til the next day to try them. I'm really impressed, got 3 really good shaves out of them, yesterdays was not quite as smooth but still good. Today was starting to push it a bit got a weeper going ATG on my jawline but still got a shave out of it. 5 shaves out of a blade isn't to be sniffed at :D I'm wondering if I'll get more out of a lighter razor, may have to load up the superspeed next.

henkverhaar said:
Oct 14, half past five.

Received a shipment of Astra Keramik blades from Paul. Replaced Red Personna blade in my Futur with a new Astra blade. Major difference. No more Red Personna's for me -- they are as of now relegated to my fly tying den...

To complete the list of tools:

Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Astra Keramik
Prep: hot water
Soap: funny you have to ask... #4 of course
Brush:
_MG_0959_lzn.jpg

A/S: Nivea balm -- creating my own A/S balm is my next project...

Henk

Henk

Just love that handle! And a great photo. You know what to do with a camera! Since I assume there is no copyright I have copied a couple of your photos to my blog. Hope you don't mind. And what is the wood?

Thursday 7am.

Merkur HD
Erasmic Soap (Bowl)
EJ Pure Brush
Merkur Blade (5)

Nivea Sensitive ASB
Tabac AS

Exactly the same cast as yesterday.

Went for day 5 with the HD equipped Merkur blade this morning. Acceptable, nothing more. Will stick to a four day regime unless there is something dramatically wrong with the blade.

Well, up till 'use 4' I have enjoyed Merkur blades...in both the Lord and the HD...perhaps it must be just me being the odd one out.

Thursday

Futur
Gillette 'Swede'
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Boots Shave Stick
Blue Stratos a/s

2nd time with the Boots stick and it's still impressive.

Ian

Blyth - you are illustrating how what's good for one isn't necessarily good for others. Vive le difference!

As for me today - Thursday

Merkur 38C/Gillette Super Thin - without doubt my best combination.
Semogue 2000 - getting to like it the more i use it.
Trumpers Lime cream - as good as usual
Harris Milk moisturiser
Alum
Dirty Bird Scuttle - sumptuous warm lather.

And dare I mention - a final gentle pass with my Mach 3.

Bliss.

Attachments

• Prepared.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 79
Fido said:
Just love that handle! And a great photo. You know what to do with a camera! Since I assume there is no copyright I have copied a couple of your photos to my blog. Hope you don't mind. And what is the wood?

Feel free to use that pic... The wood is olive (and a rather nice piece, I must say). This is how I like my own handles...

Henk

Fido said:
Since I assume there is no copyright

Actually in creating the photo, Henk automatically has copyright by virtue of the Berne Convention (he doesn't need to assert it) - whether Henk chooses to enforce that copyright (or charge you a licensing fee) is up to him though. As per his reply, it seems Henk's in the non-enforcement camp. You should still attribute it though.

hunnymonster said:
Fido said:

Actually in creating the photo, Henk automatically has copyright by virtue of the Berne Convention (he doesn't need to assert it) - whether Henk chooses to enforce that copyright (or charge you a licensing fee) is up to him though. As per his reply, it seems Henk's in the non-enforcement camp. You should still attribute it though.

Correct. However, in this particular instance I though it would be overkill to point out the finer details of copyright issues -- just say that Fido could use the pix for his blog... ;-) In this case, I think even the attribution is something I could live without. I do normally insist on attributions when my pix are used in periodicals (magazines. newspapers -- this happens once in a great while; my son is a competitive swimmer at national level, and I have been making photographs as 'free-lance reporter' (the only way to get access to the poolside at some national events) at many local and regional and all recent national meets where my son has competed. Most photographers present (if indeed there are others) focus only on the few 'celebrity' swimmers that compete; I know most swimmers, at least in my son's age class, and take pictures of all of them; sometimes they get featured in a regional newspaper or a swimming-specific periodical, and come to me asking for photographs...).

Henk

henkverhaar said:
hunnymonster said:
Fido said:

Correct. However, in this particular instance I though it would be overkill to point out the finer details of copyright issues -- just say that Fido could use the pix for his blog... ;-) In this case, I think even the attribution is something I could live without. I do normally insist on attributions when my pix are used in periodicals (magazines. newspapers -- this happens once in a great while; my son is a competitive swimmer at national level, and I have been making photographs as 'free-lance reporter' (the only way to get access to the poolside at some national events) at many local and regional and all recent national meets where my son has competed. Most photographers present (if indeed there are others) focus only on the few 'celebrity' swimmers that compete; I know most swimmers, at least in my son's age class, and take pictures of all of them; sometimes they get featured in a regional newspaper or a swimming-specific periodical, and come to me asking for photographs...).

Henk

This subject shows how one can innocently cause problems by using the opportunities all this techno wizardry brings us. It may be of interest to others to see this. I have attributed the photos to Henk in my blog, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom