Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Kent/MWF
EJ Best
7 o'clock sharp edge (2)
Feather Portable
Harvard

Still a bit of irritation, probably just a leftover from yesterday. Might have a day off tomorrow if I can stand the itching.

Saturday

Schick Injector Type 'M'
Simpson's Best Badger Special
TOBS Lavender Shaving Cream
Castle Forbes Limes asb
Trumper Spanish Leather Cologne

If you ever need a good hit of lavender, the TOBS is the stuff.

Ian

Saturday

Omega boar
1964 Slim - debut outing
Super platinum

Tabac
Proraso pre and post
Taylors sandalwood a/s

The full Monty today: long soak in the bath with a generous glass of Talisker and a bar of Wright's coal tar - ah, the decadence of it. After a week of Wool Fat, I feel like I've gone from Oliver Cromwell to Oscar Wilde in a oner; short of Jane Birkin dropping by to give my back a scrub, I lack for nothing.

Saturday

Merkur 38C
Kent BK8
TOBS Mr Taylor cream
TOBS Mr Taylor balm
Derby Extra

Taylors are quality for a good price. Will look out for a tasteful Aftershave lotion to add to this combination. In retrospect think I actually prefer the Almond to Mr Taylor scent but both are excellent creams. BK8 produced super lather in my bowl. Shook a lot more water out before starting to lather and it made a big difference.

Saturday

Mitchell's Wool Fat soap
Fatboy
Kai
Alum
Witch hazel
Floris no 89 EdT

Gave Mr Mitchell's soap an airing after a break of a few weeks whilst on the cheap sticks. The scent is a homely and one the of the main reasons I'll keep using it, rather than the other expensive pucks, which, frankly, do not give as good a shave for me. Jury still out on the Kai. Close but on the third it's not as smooth. Been out for a long walk today and catching the complexity and changing nature of the Floris over the day in the wind was nice.

Peter

Saturday:
Wapienica 6/8
Crabtree & Evelyn Pure Badger Brush
Truefitt & Hill Luxury Shaving Soap
Taylors of Old Bond St #74 Victorian Lime Aftershave

If anyone has any of the other #74 (the green one) they don't want I'll gladly take it off their hands.

Old spice honeybee soap
Kent Bk4
7/8 vintage gates (previous restore) and honed by N.Miller
Isis after shave balm
Isis after shave

Stropped 50 times
Shower hot dam hot, face scrub!
Made soap up with boiling water and mixed to a creamy foam, and applied, restropped
10 times
Started with a shallow attack angle and 2 quick passes wtg, relathered and changed
Attack angle and went xtg and atg on 2 passes
Rinsed and applied asb
Cleaned shave den and applied a/s
Result:- fine shave smooth and clean no nicks or cuts total shave and shower
Time 35 mins

Sunday:
Pre-war Hoffritz 5/8
Crabtree & Evelyn Pure Badger Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Taylors of Old Bond St #74 Victorian Lime Aftershave
Caron Yatagan EDT

Two passes with the Hoffritz, got bored with the amount of time it was taking to shave, grabbed the Sensor, one pass, done.

I don't know why I keep 'monkeying' about with straight razors to be honest. I'm too busy for all that malarkey. Perhaps I'll give 'em another bash when I'm retired.

I'm glad now that I didn't buy one of those limited edition Silverwings when I was looking at them.

Merkur 38C
Derby Extra Blade
New Omega 31064 Brush
MWF
Proraso Balm
Harvard AS
Boots Med Talc

First use of the Omega 31064, Really struggled to get a lather today due to brush needing to break in a bit.

Sunday

Schick Injector Type 'M'
Simpson's Best Badger Special
The Body Shop Maca Root Shaving Cream*
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Trumper's Sandalwood Cologne**

*Picked this up yesterday after reading a couple of nice reviews. Scent isn't outstanding but the performance is. As good as anything that I've ever used.

**Every so often, I delve into my little cloth bag of samples and pull something out.

Ian

Sunday

Merker 38C with Derby Extra
Palmolive cream stick combo (Face lathered)
DR Harris milk balm
Kent BK8

First time combo use! I take back all I said a day or two back about Palmolive. What a super shave this gives. I made a point of just having two light passes today. Nothing against the grain. Was more comfortable. Mantic's par policy applied.

The BK8 eventually produces a decent lather but will use the Simpsons Duke for my next face lathering.

Sunday.
Gillette NEW (with a heavy handle)
Swede Blade
My fave Superlather Combo (Honeybee Yuzu + TOBS Sensitive)
EJ Best Badger
One Planet Balm

Absolutely superb shave! 3 passes of shave perfection. I really like the NEW. Feels like I shaved with a straight. Mmmm! :D

Attachments

• Sunday shave 1.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 30
Bit of a hybrid NEW, based on the one I got from you, Joe. Stuck a heavy handle on it and a polished up Tech head. So, I guess all I've got is the teeth of an old NEW, with other bits chucked on! Great shave regardless!! :mrgreen:

Peter said:
Sunday

Fatboy and a Swede
Arko stick
Alum
Witch hazel soak and evaporate
English Fern EdT

Heaven. No need to go elsewhere or experiment further. This is the top combination. I am happy to have found it. Never happend until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom