Shave of the day Saturday 9th Sept - Friday 15th Sept 2017

Feel better soon pal and I'm with Pat, lovely snap right there!

Date: 15 September 2017 is nearly 6:30am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Envy Shave '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf Fan Knot
Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #3, ATG #2)
Blade: - Rapira Platinum Lux #5
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

...this is one of the joys of the humble Pro49, it makes copious quantities of luscious lather easily; especially with creams...

I love the look of the cobra. I've never had the pleasure to shave with it yet.

I have the cade soap and I share your comments.

Your comment about the shoulder broght back memories. 3 years ago I developed a
excruciating pain on my right shoulder. It got to the point that I lost faith in the medical help. I had a few injections to easy the pain, physio, etc.... then a new physio therapist joined the practice and he was recommended by my GP..... he was right, he helped me to the point I have no pain, unless I do something silly with my arm.

Obviously, I don't know what is the cause of your shoulder pain but I hope you find help too

Friday (in the Scottish Highlands)

Soap - Cella
Brush - Omega 'Mixed Midget' bodger
Face lather
Razor - Schick Injector E3
Blade - Schick Proline B-20 #1
Post - Cold water and BBA post-shave balm

First use of the Proline blades from Rakuten and very good they are too. The Cella performed well and the Midget wastes no time generating a nice slick protective lather.

The BBA balm is a revelation. Thanks to all you enablers out there!

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Puma 91 Solingen 6/8th
VP Leon Hardy Pure Badger
Haslinger Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Nice Easy 2 Pass Shave Today with My Puma Extra Hollow 6/8th..A Pleasure to Use as Usual..One of the Early SRs I Bought & I Love it to Bits..Its Built Like a Panzer Tank & Uber Smooth on Das Coupan..

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..

Billy

Haslinger - the canine's danglers

SOTD: 15/09/2017

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Razorock Hawk SE V2
Blade: Feather Pro 2nd use
Brush: Razorock Italian synthetic
Soap: Truefitt & Hill no 10
Post-shave: warm water, cold water, Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber & Aloe Vera, Truefill & Hill No 10 Post-shave Cologne Balm

My Giles Shaving Co shaving bowl arrived yesterday afternoon so it had to used today. Thanks to @Roscotanna for an amazing lather machine. Second use of a SE. Had one nick which was my fault entirely and some weepers but am going to stick with it as variety is the spice of life as they say.

PS - Hope everybody has a great weekend. I know I will.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Tom

She is a real cutie.
She has the same name tag as Basher's, and he also had a very similar toy (it didn't last very long)!!!

Best wishes to you and your furry family
Cheers Paul. I know what you are going through - feel for you, Mate.
And you are right about the toy! Nothing lasts with a Staffie - even Kong toys don't stand up.

@Bizzyberry - I know what you mean about the Osma soap - I own it and have had very similar experiences. It seems a bit insipid when you lather up, but the performance is very good indeed, and great post-shave. With the added alum, it seems to self-repair the skin as you shave.