Shave of the day Saturday 19th August-Friday 25th August 2017

Great post!

Excellent picture and setup.

Pre shave: Bulldog original face scrub, bloom water
Soap: Wickham 1912 'Classic 24'
Brush: SV 2.0 High mountain white
Razor: Merkur 39c
Blade: Feather (1)
Post shave: Alum, Lucky Tiger after shave & face tonic, Myrsol Blue, followed up with cedrat after shave cream gel

I had 3 days growth so I opted for the Merkur slant with a new feather blade. I'm not sure if it was my technique or a bad blade (or just that the first shave on a feather can be a little rough), but I ended up with 3 weepers.

No fault of the soap though, great slickness and left the skin feeling great.

The SV brush is always a joy to use, love it.

Absolutely Iain. I tried the twin blades in the Schick adjustable pass around. Sensational! Thanks for the info.

Well said Paul, I approached him too but he was not prepared to help. Result, we go elsewhere and get them cheaper.

Love the brush Pat. Thoughts?

Thanks Rob, I bought the brush from Steve (@Sid James ) on the BST thanks Steve.I don't know how the brush performed when new (Steve did the hard work breaking it in ). Today was my first shave with the SOC SE and it pampered my face with lather, felt more like a badger hair rather than a mix of badger / boar.Very soft tips and just enough backbone to stop it being to floppy.

It was a joy to use today and long may it continue

Have a nice weekend buddy

Fri 25th August

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Red croap
Ever Ready 1914- 12 tooth travel version.
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Continued the run of Shaves with Vintage SE, by using this tiny Travel Version of the ER 1914.
I have in the past determined that this is one of those Vintage Razors that I can use without a Shim. In fact there is lots of face feel when shaving, but it is not at all unpleasant.

Despite its small size. I have no problems using it as it proves to be very manoeuvrable. With the good barbershop lather from the Vitos, I attained a barbershop type Shave, being nice and close in all areas.