Shave of the day / month / year!

Having cultivated a full set during November and also going without a haircut, last evening was the day of reckoning.

Off to Maguires and got parked at the front door for once.

Routine - excellent - haircut.

Full, wet, straight shave.

Oils, hot towels, Proraso cream, WTG.
More hot towels, more Proraso, ATG.
Ice cold towel.
Proraso AS.

Still looks and feels like a BBS 14hrs later. Magnificent!

Full job, 1.5hrs and <£20. Thanks and appreciation to Victoria.

Will have raised >£100 so all's well that ends well but I'll never grow a full set again. Awful bloody thing and, as I got scruffier, I felt scruffier and dressed down (albeit subconciously) to look the part.

Back in the land of the shaved, civilised and tidy. AAaaahhhhh.

:icon_razz:

Glad you're feeling happier David; I've felt rotten for almost a week due to a stinking cold that also set my IBS off and therefore haven't had a wet shave during that time: coming on here and typing has been about all I've felt up to. During that time, I've electric shaven twice, and I'm looking forward to having a wet shave soon (hopefully tomorrow). I've already planned what I'm going to use - NF silvertip, Body Shop Maca Root, HD Rocket with Perma-Sharp.

Well, I had my shave this afternoon, and was glad that I did. I only did two passes, so it wasn't the closest I've ever had, but it confirmed that the Perma-Sharp is a great blade for me in that razor. Only real downside was that the olfactory pleasure was missing as my sense of smell is still absent.

Back
Top Bottom