Shave of the Day 27th November - 3rd December 2021

7428A09B-7572-46DF-BF26-32357C6A83F3.jpeg

Early English Gillette FB Tech, Personna Lab Blue, ShedEleven Allermuir Oak 28mm Synthetic, Ingram, Benjamin’s Menthol Bay Rum, Baxter of California ASB, Essence Vault #411 (Green Irish Tweed)

I’m mentally exhausted carving brush handles, trying to take photos, posting on fora, Facebook and all the groups, etc. Something’s going to have to give. Also, I’m getting fed up with synthetic knots no matter how good. I like badger and boar best because I’m an aging Neanderthal and I can’t help what I like. I’m tired and grumpy and if I haven’t liked your SotD, I’m really rather sorry but I just can’t keep up anymore. This trend continues and I’ll end up like a Terry’s Chocolate Orange - sectioned. Been close twice but as usual, managed to talk my way out. MATRON! Bath time and no, caustic soda is NOT good for the skin. Honestly, ruddy woman’s a menace…

Razor = Vintage Fasan
Blade = Astra SP ( 3 )
Brush = Shavemac 24mm Beehive 3 Band
Soap = Vintage Old Spice
Splash = Vintage Old Spice
Balm = Nivea Daily Moisturiser
EA7B0808-B527-44C7-A982-D144D0D2EF26.pngBrilliant Shabe again today.
I decided to take Mrs S for a cheeky we meal
Millar & Carter nothing fancy, i don’t want her thinking i like her :ROFLMAO:
A first for me with this razor & i didn’t fail to disappoint, it’s exactly as i thought it would be.
I had around half a dozen shaves with PAA’s
La Creatura and to my surprise they are very similar clones.
Before we lef the house just as my wife was taking the car keys from a bowl she said you smell like your dad
:unsure:
Maybe This is for another forum
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::love:
Onwards & Upwards
Oh nearly forgot i got my Booster & Flu jab today
Stay Safe Lads & Lassies

Early English Gillette FB Tech, Personna Lab Blue, ShedEleven Allermuir Oak 28mm Synthetic, Ingram, Benjamin’s Menthol Bay Rum, Baxter of California ASB, Essence Vault #411 (Green Irish Tweed)

I’m mentally exhausted carving brush handles, trying to take photos, posting on fora, Facebook and all the groups, etc. Something’s going to have to give. Also, I’m getting fed up with synthetic knots no matter how good. I like badger and boar best because I’m an aging Neanderthal and I can’t help what I like. I’m tired and grumpy and if I haven’t liked your SotD, I’m really rather sorry but I just can’t keep up anymore. This trend continues and I’ll end up like a Terry’s Chocolate Orange - sectioned. Been close twice but as usual, managed to talk my way out. MATRON! Bath time and no, caustic soda is NOT good for the skin. Honestly, ruddy woman’s a menace…
ffs what a mood
just as well it wasn’t the Hibs that pumped you last night :p:p:p

Synthetics are for makeup and dusting doo dads, when used for shaving they just paint and flick. Plastics should be avoided at all costs. Boar is the only sensible choice, and wooden handles.

Sat 4th SOTD with a few new gears
Soap Yaqi Lemon Lime & Cedarwood New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 22mm Boar New 1st Use Another Free Lucky Draw
Razor Clone AC Kamisori New 1st Use (wondering if this qualifies as an SR)?
Blade Feather ProGuard 2nd Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Yaqi Lemon Lime & Cedarwood Splash New 1st Use
The soap scent is nice but abit too mild. The lather qualities are really good, creamy, and slick...great!
1st use of this clone Kamisori and paired with the blade...wow! Very easy to use...silky smooth, very comfortable, and very efficient. Almost auto-pilot mode. The atg pass on the neck and jawline was incredibly easy and efficient! 3passes for a bbs finish...awesome indeed! The matching AS splash has good post-shave but the scent is abit mild. This will be a great travel SR razor...!!!
20211204_121216.jpg

Remember why you started carving G. Trying to feed the online mob is hard work and many an artisan has walked away from what was once something enjoyable for them.

Go back to your pace on your terms and do what you enjoy.

4 December

TOBS Sandalwood
Simpson Duke 3
Rex Ambassador
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart’s Balm Ben Vorlich

43593673-BE5C-4194-A420-C1FAE29580F6.jpeg

A very pleasant two pass shave today, very close and comfortable. My DE razor collection will be thinned by two; the Razorock Game Changer .68-P and the Ikon Deluxe both of which are just a bit less efficient than my other DE and SE razors.

Facebook is where I have my ShedEleven business page and is the main reason I rejoined. The UKWSS group is great but I’ve cut down the groups I belong to drastically. Like everywhere, good folks and not so good folks. Never been much good at moderating myself…

122021a.jpg
Razor: Leaf, on kind loan from @ATG
Blade: Gilette Rubie
Brush: Alpha Shaving UHD Two-band
Soap: D.R.Harris Windsor - the only cream I own

Another fine performance from the Leaf, noe that I'm used to it. I'm liking the Gillette Rubie blades. I'm not sure they are available in UK; I got a pack as part of a deal with a fellow shaver from USA. I wish I had discovered them when I was using DE blades every day.

The Alpha brush's performance has been more than outstanding up till now, but I think I may have found its weak spot: creams. I've never known a cream to lather as easily as D.R.Harris, but the results were mediocre today.

Back
Top Bottom