SfL - Long Handled Slim Twist Review

OK, here is my Shaving for Ladies review of the long handled slim twist PIFed to me by FrenchBlade. Thanks FrenchBlade :D

http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6524

Above is a link to the questions I posed about DE shaving generally, and for Ladies in particular.

The razor arrived a week ago, with a selection of blades to try out too (personna, shark and extra thin).

It took all of - ooh I dunno - 30 seconds or so to work out how to get a blade into the razor's head. I think the name 'long handled slim twist' might have given it away :lol: ;) .

So I selected a personna because I liked the packaging (this is a Girl's review - so don't laugh :| ), and had a shower just so I could try it out. To say I was a touch nervous is probably an understatement - that blade looked scarey as I loaded it into the razor, and not knowing how careful I needed to be, I erred very much on the side of scaredy cat :lol: . The result was surprisingly not bad. There was little irritation, and only one spot of claret was spilt (right shin to be precise), so the stockpile of plasters can go back :lol: .

Tried for the second time a couple of days later. I don't need to shave that often by a long chalk, but I wanted to give it another go. This time I felt more confident, and the results showed. A very passable result, but not quite perfect yet :shave .

A sucker for punishment, a couple of days later I had another go. The resulting shave was better still, but I had some irritation on my legs. Might have been being shaved three times in a week which annoyed them, or the blade needed changing - dunno :shock:

This morning I changed the blade (another personna - need to get a feel for one razor + blade combo before trying anything else), and did my underarms. My legs really didn't need shaving. The result was excellent with no blood spilt and no irritation - result :D .

In summary then, I found this razor very easy to use, and once I'd got the hang of how to use it, I found the resulting shave to be both close and comfortable :shave .

Artisan :)

Back
Top Bottom