SEptember 2017

Wednesday 6th SEptember 2017

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: NOS Personna (#1)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Cream: Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime
AS: Lucido

First shave with a NOS Personna blade, no idea how old these blades are. Shave was OK, certainly not as good as yesterday with the same type of razor but a Schick Proline blade. Today was smooth with no nicks or weepers but after three passes it did feel like it could have been a closer shave.

My 06 SEptember shave

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Supply SE Injector, Plate ***.
Blade - Persona PTFE Coated Injector Blade (Day 1).
Soap - Executive Shaving - Natural Shave Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Lemon" After Shave, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.

Not wanting to jinx things, this morning I hit the sweet spot with the Supply-SE - BBS after 3 passes and a small touch up on the chin, again using the *** plate

Its over 12 hours since I shaved, my skin still feels relatively smooth, surprisingly so.

@Scotshave that looks an amazing SEptember den.

SEptember 7th Thursday

Razor....Ever Ready Natral Angle / HFT. Made in England
Blade....Ever Ready Corrux NOS freshly stropped
Soap....L'Occitane ~ Cade
Brush....Zennith Boar

A good shave from the British version of thr G Bar, I'm not sure but being nickle plated it may have come before the chrome plated Gem G Bar......I'm sure someone will know.
Paired with the Ever Ready Corrux blade it performed very wel indeed leaving me sooth skinned without irritation .

Tomorrow, another day and another razor.......

Thursday 7th SEptember

Olive Oil Soap
Groomed Facial Scrub
3P Preshave cream
Palmolive Sensitive Shaving Cream
Giles Shaving Bowl
Semogue OC Boar in Ash
GEM Micromatic OC with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Men-U Moisturiser
Denim Original AS

Inaugural shave for both my Giles Shave Bowl and the MMOC razor. A Truly enjoyable experience all round. 3 Smooth and comfortable passes for a BBS shave

SEptember 7th...

I omitted the jewel (well, Streamline) from my SE crown photo yesterday as the plan was to use it today. It also deserves a place on its own.

Soap - OSP Neroli
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 Pat. 'Streamline '
Blade - Gem PTFE
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Speick

It's always a pleasure to get re-acquainted with this razor. Of all the cutters in my den, this must be the one that comes closest to 'letting the weight of the razor do the work'. I only need enough pressure to maintain control; any more then I could ask for trouble.

3 passes (W/X/A) and no need for any pickups. Smoother than an otter's waistcoat.

The OSP, of course, never fails. If Tabac Original is my go-to mass produced soap, then OSP Neroli (and Fougere) is (are) my artisan choice.

Still enjoying the Speick too; nice post shave feel.

Last edited:
It certainly deserves a place on its own, lovely condition. (Streamline)

Cheers, Paul It's a beaut, no doubt. Was it Jan that came up with this idea of SEptember? Great idea for a forum. DEcember should be interesting...
Yes it was Jan that came up with the great SEptember idea, I don't know if I could use a DE razor for a whole month though, SEs are my razor of choice these days!

Fellow SE shavers

After a month or two away from my 1912 I have returned to it. During that time, I was using my 37c and came back to Gillette Yellow 7OCs, and got into an excellent groove.

I previously was a big fan of my 1912, but this week, I'm just finding it relatively harsh. No other major changes, ie, using my usual soaps. I can't work out why it has gone from hero to zero so dramatically. It's at the point where I am tempted to put the 1912 aside indefinitely.

Can anyone talk me out of this rut?