Sensor Excel carts, fake or real?

I bought 30 (3x10) Sensor Excel cartridges from a seller on Amazon, but I've wondered since I unboxed them, wheather they are genuine.

They differ from my outgoing stock, they don't seem low quality or anything, but it's enough to make me wonder.

IMG_6644.jpg
new ones have a noticeably different design to the microfins, compare that to the older ones below
IMG_6649.jpg

Also the moulding on the frame differs, new (left), old (right)
IMG_6648.jpg

Lastly the packaging
IMG_6646.jpg
IMG_6645.jpg

With all that said, I've ordered another 3 boxes from Gillette UK directly, in the hopes of answering this myself...biggest shock was they worked out cheaper than the Amazon seller, which is mad.

• Sad
Reactions: ATG
For certain?
From the pictures you took to me the little rubber fins that are meant to stretch the skin look like plastic. Also I can't remember seeing on an Excel pack of blades that 'it works with Excel Razor' (but I may be wrong as haven't used an excel cartridge in years)
If you feel they are of an inferior quality to the ones used before I would return them.
It is very frustrating when this happens. I suffered the same with a pack of Oral B tooth brushes.

From the pictures you took to me the little rubber fins that are meant to stretch the skin look like plastic. Also I can't remember seeing on an Excel pack of blades that 'it works with Excel Razor' (but I may be wrong as haven't used an excel cartridge in years)
If you feel they are of an inferior quality to the ones used before I would return them.
It is very frustrating when this happens. I suffered the same with a pack of Oral B tooth brushes.
I found this which was somewhat reassuring; https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/gillette-sensor-excel-razor-blades/072639-36866-36867

But yes, with this online world, it's a minefield trying to avoid the fakes, especially when it comes to things that aren't readily available on the high street.

I haven't yet put blade to skin, but I thought I'd wait until the ones arrive from Gillette, to compare...my current blade is quite new. I can confirm the microfins are supple rubber though...still, not going the full length of the blade seems odd.

Reactions: ATG
It's probably cheaper to go to Savers or Wilko and buy the Blue3 or Sensor3 disposables. They are a lot cheaper than cart packs and definitely genuine.

It's probably cheaper to go to Savers or Wilko and buy the Blue3 or Sensor3 disposables. They are a lot cheaper than cart packs and definitely genuine.
I find 3 blade razors too aggressive for my face, and suffer more ingrown hairs using them. I think the Sensor Excel is the best razor they ever made. I have tried the Fusion out of curiosity, the head is so massive it makes tight areas like around the nose, all but impossible.

I actually bought a Pils 101EE, because I knew Sensor was the only razor for me
IMG_6651.jpg

Back
Top Bottom