Sensor Excel carts, fake or real?

I bought 30 (3x10) Sensor Excel cartridges from a seller on Amazon, but I've wondered since I unboxed them, wheather they are genuine.

They differ from my outgoing stock, they don't seem low quality or anything, but it's enough to make me wonder.

new ones have a noticeably different design to the microfins, compare that to the older ones below

Also the moulding on the frame differs, new (left), old (right)

Lastly the packaging

With all that said, I've ordered another 3 boxes from Gillette UK directly, in the hopes of answering this myself...biggest shock was they worked out cheaper than the Amazon seller, which is mad.

Reactions: ATG
For certain?
From the pictures you took to me the little rubber fins that are meant to stretch the skin look like plastic. Also I can't remember seeing on an Excel pack of blades that 'it works with Excel Razor' (but I may be wrong as haven't used an excel cartridge in years)
If you feel they are of an inferior quality to the ones used before I would return them.
It is very frustrating when this happens. I suffered the same with a pack of Oral B tooth brushes.

I found this which was somewhat reassuring; https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/gillette-sensor-excel-razor-blades/072639-36866-36867

But yes, with this online world, it's a minefield trying to avoid the fakes, especially when it comes to things that aren't readily available on the high street.

I haven't yet put blade to skin, but I thought I'd wait until the ones arrive from Gillette, to compare...my current blade is quite new. I can confirm the microfins are supple rubber though...still, not going the full length of the blade seems odd.

Reactions: ATG
It's probably cheaper to go to Savers or Wilko and buy the Blue3 or Sensor3 disposables. They are a lot cheaper than cart packs and definitely genuine.

It's probably cheaper to go to Savers or Wilko and buy the Blue3 or Sensor3 disposables. They are a lot cheaper than cart packs and definitely genuine.
I find 3 blade razors too aggressive for my face, and suffer more ingrown hairs using them. I think the Sensor Excel is the best razor they ever made. I have tried the Fusion out of curiosity, the head is so massive it makes tight areas like around the nose, all but impossible.

I actually bought a Pils 101EE, because I knew Sensor was the only razor for me