Semogue prices

hunnymonster said:
Then its nowt to do with Merv then - that seems like a heck of a steep price rise after getting world+dog interested in Semogues for being great performers at great prices...

Ungrateful swine - do they thing that they can hog the market?

Im actually pretty shocked. It looks like roughly a 50% hike in prices across the board. The popularity of those brushes was that they were a leftfield choice, unknown and good value for money. Now they are priced at a premium, and as such no longer in my eyes represent the same value. The vulfix boars are fantastic, and now cheaper. My 1305 is good, but not the best boar i own.

I dont think in todays climate a 50% hike is healthy, and its got to be greed, rather than cost increases that have driven the changes. Especially given the recent interest in boar.

npinn001 said:
Im actually pretty shocked. It looks like roughly a 50% hike in prices across the board. The popularity of those brushes was that they were a leftfield choice, unknown and good value for money. Now they are priced at a premium, and as such no longer in my eyes represent the same value. The vulfix boars are fantastic, and now cheaper. My 1305 is good, but not the best boar i own.

I dont think in todays climate a 50% hike is healthy, and its got to be greed, rather than cost increases that have driven the changes. Especially given the recent interest in boar.

I am not happy with the price rise, especially as I'm looking to pick up a 730HD.
Prices seem to have gone up by approximately 33% and not 50%, you need to look
at the exchange rate between GBP and EUR as well.

I really believe it is a case of they hype and demand pushing up the prices. I wouldn't
be surprised if they go back down somewhat in time. Several other stores are looking
at stocking the Semogues from what I can see. There's an Irish store getting them in
this week and it'll be interesting to see how their prices compare to the legacy stockists.

hando said:
which store?

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.shaving.ie">www.shaving.ie</a><!-- w -->, only opened during the summer and prices for delivery in Ireland are free
and pretty much next day. Just noticed he's updated it today with the Semogue prices.
He's the same price on the 730HD I'm looking for but with free delivery for me it's cheaper
than Vintage Scent. Might be worth looking at delivery rates to UK to compare.

Back
Top Bottom