Semi-Open Comb Razor

Hey! I recently bought an open comb razor, but to my surprise it had a bar attached to the bottom of the teeth, somewhat like the Mühle R41 Open Comb Razor. I was expecting one where there is no bar, and the teeth are truly open combs.

Is there any difference between a razor that has no bar attached at the bottom, in comparison to one with a bar? I'm guessing it's supposed to make for a milder shave, but I may be wrong. Tell me what you guys think.

Hey! I recently bought an open comb razor, but to my surprise it had a bar attached to the bottom of the teeth, somewhat like the Mühle R41 Open Comb Razor. I was expecting one where there is no bar, and the teeth are truly open combs.

Is there any difference between a razor that has no bar attached at the bottom, in comparison to one with a bar? I'm guessing it's supposed to make for a milder shave, but I may be wrong. Tell me what you guys think.
Interesting, a picture would be great, if it has a bar on the comb it is like the R41 a hybrid but will feel more like a closed comb or safety bar razor than a true open comb razor.

Paul

They are all safety guards, just different designs, that's what makes them "safety razors". You can have mild or wild with any of the varieties, so never assume what kind of shave you're gonna get by looks alone. We would appreciate a look at your razor. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom