Second pinning customization yes!

Well as you know my first attemp at customizing a razor went fairly well but overall I was not pleased, so I decided to scrap the clear arcrylic scales, then after removing them and thinking what I was going to do, i thought lets keep it contempary and modern so off came the rounded toe from the blade on the grinder, she's starting to look very different, now arcrylic opaque scales would look far better with a opaque wedge, but still I had a problem, the last set of pins and washers I purchased were from the invisible edge, all I can say about those were they were absolute rubbish, well I asked would anyone sell me a set on the shaving room then along came a really nice bloke called Graham also know as Exile, well not only did he send me pins and washers, but mock up bolts, and lovely pinng examples that he had put together, plus several other goodies, but more importantly sound clear and precise information,, I am really pleased with the finish on this razor, I used a double washer on the pins purely as a decorative feature, Iv'e honed the razor and it's ready to shave, I will give it a go, but I dont think i would have got here so quickly without the help of Graham so a big thank you. PS, before some of you ask, my anvil is a 40LB lump of steel I found while walking my dog one night, I had to carry it about a mile on my shoulder.

Jamie.

razorrefurb001.jpg

razorrefurb002.jpg

razorrefurb006.jpg

razorrefurb007.jpg

razorrefurb004.jpg

razorrefurb005.jpg

Very well done I like the new wedge it set the scales off better. The pinning is a lot better and very good for your first go. I wish mine has looked as good as yours the first time. I'm glad the instuctions were nice and clear because when I wrote them I didn't know what I was on about.:huh:

Just keep up the good work and enjoy your razor.

Thanks Graham your pinning was first class, the sample you sent me is how pinning should be done, it will now be something I will look at before I start another razor, and tell myself that's how it needs to be done. thank you very much for your help Graham.

Regards
Jamie.

The sample pinning that I sent you was to practice removing pins before you have a go on a razor and then use the acrylic for wedges and the washers for new razors. But if you want to keep it that is fine as long as you enjoy your razors thats all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom