SE v DE What's the benefits?

Hi Paul,
You did a good job, but I still had problems with it when working around the neck. My beard is a bit strong, and the Sabre 1 was an absolute failure for me.
Your facial hair is like copper wire though Mike, you certainly put any razor to the test! :)

Paul
I think Mike has some brass neck ;)

Well I'm glad I started a thread of much controversy :ROFLMAO:
A thread of much controversy................my my, we have been in lockdown a while but I would hardly call this thread controversial!!!

Anyway there was people that got on with the G1 and people that thought of it as an expensive paperweight.
ATT were having a large enough number returned to them under their 30day return policy that they were forced into producing the V2 because alot of people were not happy and even then the V2 was not the success it was hoped it would be and sales dwindled.
Some loved it, some hated it and then the ATT SE1 was born and the ATT G1 was by and large forgotten about.
How many do you see on SOTD these days? Not many!!! Back in 2018 I was calling mine the most expensive paperweight I had ever bought but some shavers liked them! You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Paul

Last edited:
I think Mike has some brass neck ;)
Ha ha, well he's certainly got some tough bristles that's for sure, the more grey my stubble gets the tougher it gets too, it's an age thing, gone are the days when a strong wind would do to the job on my bum fluff!!!
This by the way is something to be taken into consideration when reviewing a razor, just because fresh faced Jonny thinks it's the bee's knees it doesn't mean someone who has a grey beard will feel too the same way!!!
That's why you can't please everyone, Because everyone is different! Simples!!!

Paul

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
You did a good job, but I still had problems with it when working around the neck. My beard is a bit strong, and the Sabre 1 was an absolute failure for me.
Not only for you Mike, the Sabre was seen by many as as again too mild and again this is why the L2 baseplate was produced to cater for the people who wanted a more assertive razor, I indeed was one of these people who ordered the L2 baseplate because my Ever ready 1912 SE razor was giving me a better shave than the L1 plate, as I've said before, you can't please all of the people all of the time. If I was made to choose one of the razors now after owning both of them I would say Blackland Sabre L2 was the best of the bunch but that's not to say the L1 was bad, just not as good! FOR ME!
You can't please everyone!!!!! You really can not please everyone!!!!

Paul.

Last edited:
Not only for you Mike, the Sabre was seen by many as as again too mild and again this is why the L2 baseplate was produced to cater for the people who wanted a more assertive razor, I indeed was one of these people who ordered the L2 baseplate because my Ever ready 1912 SE razor was giving me a better shave than the L1 plate, as I've said before, you can't please all of the people all of the time. If I was made to choose one of the razors now after owning both of them I would say Blackland Sabre L2 was the best of the bunch but that's not to say the L1 was bad, just not as good!
You can't please everyone!!!!!

Paul.

Yes, your point, and I will be not be drawn in to one of your arguments, I've got the mark of you now! You little minx! :)
So I could get a better shave from my trusty Ever Ready 1912 SE fitted with a stroppable carbon Ever Ready blade, Stop the press! stop the Press ! Ground shattering news, not!
So I ordered the L2 plate and FOR ME, FOR ME again, it was better but not all of our beards are the same, so why should we expect the razors to give the same results, we shouldn't!!! WE SHOULDN'T!!!

By the way, this in my humble opinion this is still not a " Controversial" thread, it's just a thread, no need to get the popcorn bucket out!!! This lockdown has caused people to look at things differently and make more out of it than they maybe would in normal times, get a grip people, please get a grip!!!
:)
Mummy that man's a nutter.......damb right and don't you forget it sonny!!!!

NEXT PlEASE!!

Paul

Last edited:
@Blademonkey
You crack me up.... :ROFLMAO:

I've got a couple of questions...
Do you think some one could produce a razor that 'would' please all of the people all of the time?
Also I'm not sure if you have made it clear enough, so would you care to re-emphasise, when YOU talk about a razor, are YOU just meaning in YOUR own opinion. Just thought you should clarify that for the members of the forum. :p
Tee hee hee.....

@Blademonkey
You crack me up.... :ROFLMAO:

I've got a couple of questions...
Do you think some one could produce a razor that 'would' please all of the people all of the time?
Also I'm not sure if you have made it clear enough, so would you care to re-emphasise, when YOU talk about a razor, are YOU just meaning in YOUR own opinion. Just thought you should clarify that for the members of the forum. :p
Tee hee hee.....
Q1 I somehow doubt it.
Q2 As you say when we talk about a Razor it is our experience of it.There are Razors which I not only like the look of and the feel of during a Shave, but just seem too mild to give me a close Shave- eg Gem Push Button. I Started off with DE, then got introduced to Vintage SE and then
Injectors. I get good Shaves with both SE/Injectors, whereas with DE a lapse of concentration easily results in a nick or cut.

I was intrigued by AC/SE Razors, and got a Claymore at low cost, and enjoyed it, I now tend to favour that style of Razor. I like the way the wider blade clears my cheeks so efficiently and generally find them extremely forgiving.

Back
Top Bottom