Sci-fi books you must read....

The "Hitchhikers" series is mainly comedy rather than SciFi, but a great read nonetheless.
"Childhood's End" by Arthur C Clarke is fantastic.
I've got the "Ringworld" series by Larry Niven on standby once I finish the Game of Thrones series.
The video game "Halo" draws heavily from his work.

Harry Harrison - stainless steel rat of course, also great Viking series (hammer and cross), desthworld, to the stars trilogy.

Anything by Philip Jose Farmer - lots of rip roaring adventure stuff including some Tarzan books, Doc Caliban (his version of Doc Savage) tierworld is great, but eclipsed by Riverworld which has an amazing cast of characters including Sir Richard Burton, Alice Hargreaves, Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain), King John of England, Cyrano de Bergerac, Tom Mix, Mozart, Jack London, Lothar von Richthofen, and Hermann Göring.

My favourite Sci-fi books (in no particular order) :

- Dune (at least the 2 or 3 first ones of the cycle) by F. Herbert
- Hyperion and Endymion by D. Simmons
- Ubik (and many others) by Philip K. Dick
- Inverted world by C. Priest
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by J. Verne

Some other books worth to read:
1984, Fondation, Neuromancer, Ender's game, The Diamond Age or, A Young Lady's Illustrated Primer, The Anubis Gates, Babylon babies

What do you mean by trash sci fi?
I read peter f Hamilton a few times really enjoyed but was heavy going?

Any reccomendations for someone with a short attention span, can't cope with thousands of characters or big words lol

greyhounddad said:
What do you mean by trash sci fi?
I read peter f Hamilton a few times really enjoyed but was heavy going?

Any reccomendations for someone with a short attention span, can't cope with thousands of characters or big words lol

The State Of The Art is a very good collection of short stories by Iain M Banks.

Back
Top Bottom