Schick Krona and WS 'Sticky'

Just read dodgy's review so I know what to expect. I prefer milder razors and sharper blades so this should suit me well as long as it isn't too mild or light.
Still interested in further anecdotes about it

Well when I'm not using a straight my razor of choice is the Krona. I've tried a few such as Futur, EJ89 and superspeeds and this one suits me best. I suppose mild is the best way to describe it, but you still need to be a bit careful. It does a nice job and I like the look of it.

I used a Sticky for a decade before entering the "dark" side and employing cartridges before realising DE razors were still alive. Looking back not a great shave unlike the Gillettes and certainly the Krona is an impressive if mild razor and preferable IMHO. A no brainer if you are considering the financial angle. Irritatingly I somehow mislaid the Sticky.

Hiya,

I really tried loving the Sticky, but the shave reminded me too much of a superspeed (which I don't care much for). It's too bad, because I quite enjoy that handle and it's unusual composition. Since the handle's plastic, the Sticky is also a bit head heavy, which I also like. Heh, it was just the shave itself that put me off. Yeah, if you like a superspeed the Sticky will be fine.

Martin

I got a krona and have used it for a couple of days. Despite the plastic handle the weight balance is pretty good and I get a lot of feedback from it. I like.

NotTheStig said:
I got a krona and have used it for a couple of days. Despite the plastic handle the weight balance is pretty good and I get a lot of feedback from it. I like.

Yeah, the thing shaves pretty well for me and I like how mild it is. That strangely flat head takes a little getting used to but just a slight tweak is all that needed for the fix.

This is a razor that would benefit by having a nice heavy handle. Heh, too bad it's a TTO. so my Weber handle wouldn't work. Still, if this was the only DE razor around, I'd be using it. As it is, I rarely take mine for a test drive for some reason. I guess it just ain't sexy enough or something.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom