Schick injector blades

Just a quick question, can generic personna injector blades be used in a Schick 'eversharp' injector razor? (I believe the razor was made 1946-1953)

Greetings

Yes they can Tony there is only one type made now, and here in the UK only the Personna PTFE coated blades are sold.

In the states there are several types sold the same situation as with ordinary SE blades.

Regards
Dick.

Tony.T said:
Just a quick question, can generic personna injector blades be used in a Schick 'eversharp' injector razor? (I believe the razor was made 1946-1953)

Hi there,

You have to keep in mind that injector blades aren't all the same......just like DE blades. Some types will make the shave a better experience than others.

Best reviewed currently made ones are Chinese Schick blades.........NOT the German ones. They cost about $1 per blade. The Ted Pella blades get good reviews but they didn't impress me so much. Heh, I personally think the best blades are vintage ones, which is an interesting little side trip down the rabbit hole.

I can tell you that with the right razor/blade combo, it's possible to get a great shave with the injector system. It's also gonna probably take 3-4 times to rweak any technique things (such as pressure).

Martin

Greetings

If your razor has Eversharp printed on it that's a good sign IMHO, you know it is indeed one of the later models almost certainly a G Model, these are really nice shavers much gentler than the earlier E Models (which can bite) but even though they are more docile they seem to deliver just as good a shave.

It's an awful; shame that Connaught's are the one and only retailer of all types of SE blades in this country, I have nothing against them at all, on the contrary their SE blade prices are very good and their delivery times second to none, I would just like to be able to walk into a pharmacists and buy an odd packet of different types (both injector and SE) like you can in the states. I have to accept though that in many shops here in the UK they would lay on the shelf indefinitely.

Martin is spot on with the Chinese Schicks I have not tried them but all the stateside Injector users rate them as the number one blade made today. These are genuine Schick blades but produced in China (what isn't) having in the past been manufactured in the USA, Sweden and Germany and perhaps elsewhere!

Regards
Dick.

I know. I did buy a pack and they are excellent and get me four shaves per blade. I did ask a popular web seller if they would be stocking them but sadly not so I think try this or some of the better vintage packs on ebay which very rarely come up.

Norfolkdick said:
I would just like to be able to walk into a pharmacists and buy an odd packet of different types (both injector and SE) like you can in the states. I have to accept though that in many shops here in the UK they would lay on the shelf indefinitely.

Regards
Dick.

Over here, lots of small independently owned stores will stock those Chinese injector blades, a SE blade like Gem, and usually a DE blade of some kind. Then the larger chains will stock different injector blades (no idea who makes em) rebranded under the store's name.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom