Schick DeLuxe injector & case

today I managed to pickup a Schick DeLuxe injector in a brown bakelite case with injector mechanism. On the case iteself is "James McLean, Ltd, Spotless, Glasgow" and also the Schick seal.
It is in immaculate condition, no chips, dents, abrasions, etc.
Having done a little bit of research online, I found out it is 1938 and has the rare black handle. McLean Ltd were a firm of bookmakers, and luckily this particular model with Black handle and E3 design is considered "extremely rare". I wish I knew how to add images to these posts so I could have shared my great find.
Guess how much I paid for it?......................£5 in an old antique shop!!!!!
Oh the joys of collecting!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my Schicks is identical to yours although I don't have the Glasgow bookmaker's mark. A couple of months ago a collectibles shop down the road had one of these boxes but the razor had the butterscotch handle; priced around £20 I decided not to go for it. Some time ago on another forum a guy from the States had the "Spotless" box; it looks as though the firm put out a large number of these...presumably gifts to clients...I can think of no other purpose.

lordjohn said:
One of my Schicks is identical to yours although I don't have the Glasgow bookmaker's mark. A couple of months ago a collectibles shop down the road had one of these boxes but the razor had the butterscotch handle; priced around £20 I decided not to go for it. Some time ago on another forum a guy from the States had the "Spotless" box; it looks as though the firm put out a large number of these...presumably gifts to clients...I can think of no other purpose.

aparently the majority have an amber coloured box, but its the brown (darkish) with the black handle thats the rare one.

Victor said:
I wish I knew how to add images to these posts so I could have shared my great find.

I pass on the knowledge that was given to me by Jamie.
Open a free Photobucket account - upload photos - hover over required photo and click IMG Code then paste into thread.

It really is as easy as that. But maybe someone has an even easier solution.

UKRob said:
Victor said:
I wish I knew how to add images to these posts so I could have shared my great find.

I pass on the knowledge that was given to me by Jamie.
Open a free Photobucket account - upload photos - hover over required photo and click IMG Code then paste into thread.

It really is as easy as that. But maybe someone has an even easier solution.

Thank you for that info. I will give it a try and see how I get on. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom