Scent of The Day

w1PZGNV.jpg

PDM habdan

yet another decant - however as much as majority of initio and PDM offerings seem to last - this one didn’t as much. At 4 hour mark it was pretty much skin scent - I was nose blind to it but my girlfriend could faintly detect it on me! Quite disappointed with performance of this one on my skin
Too bad you’re experience with PDM Habdan.
These niche perfumers charge big bucks and people in fragcom world seem to constantly spin all sorts of flannel offering reasons why fragrances don’t perform well. Ingredients, air temperature, skin type, oil content etc. etc.
IMO a lot of this is nothing more than BS & jargon to excuse the fact that their product is no more than overpriced diluted toilet water to begin with.
I enjoy wearing both designer and niche fragrances but it does pi** me off if I wear an expensive fragrance and within a couple of hours there isn’t a hint of it remaining. I think I feel more cheated than disappointed.

At least you only had a decant.

Too bad you’re experience with PDM Habdan.
These niche perfumers charge big bucks and people in fragcom world seem to constantly spin all sorts of flannel offering reasons why fragrances don’t perform well. Ingredients, air temperature, skin type, oil content etc. etc.
IMO a lot of this is nothing more than BS & jargon to excuse the fact that their product is no more than overpriced diluted toilet water to begin with.
I enjoy wearing both designer and niche fragrances but it does pi** me off if I wear an expensive fragrance and within a couple of hours there isn’t a hint of it remaining. I think I feel more cheated than disappointed.

At least you only had a decant.
Indeed! All the other ones I’ve tried so far - Layton, Layton exclusif, Pegasus and Pegasus exclusif, Herod, greenley and one or two others seem to last on me - maybe Pegasus got slightly shorter longevity- 6 hours or somewhere around there - but habdan was really disappointing ! Got roughly 4 ml left so probably will experiment a bit with it still. But it is a shame

I can see how to some degree the skin type weather, etc can affect the fragrances, but I do think that sometimes stuff regarding longevity is a bit over the top if I may say so. Obviously here got to consider how much naturals were used there too I think - I imagine those can affect the fragrance quite a bit too

yeah it niche frag lasts only a short time on me - I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it. Personally I’m aiming for bare minimum of 6 hours when niche - but that’s the right bottom line. I’m still new to the frag game but already grabbed plenty of samples / 2ml decants that help me with seeing what works or doesn’t for me!

Back
Top Bottom