Scent of The Day

08-cubared.jpg

A western fragrancer scenting with oudh from real agarwood. Kudos (and one-up on Tom Ford, then). I'm curious just how vanilla-y this scent is?
The vanilla is quite prominent but the Oud really does stick out. It is quite an animalic oud so does smell a bit farmyardy. The vanilla works as a good counter to that. He does another scent just called Oud which is very similar to how this one smells except that has the vanilla dialled right back. That one is quite challenging for the first 2-3 hours but after that it really becomes wonderful

The vanilla is quite prominent but the Oud really does stick out. It is quite an animalic oud so does smell a bit farmyardy. The vanilla works as a good counter to that. He does another scent just called Oud which is very similar to how this one smells except that has the vanilla dialled right back. That one is quite challenging for the first 2-3 hours but after that it really becomes wonderful
Thank you for this ...

I am experienced with oudh and have a good number of pure (expensive) regional examples ranging from dried fruit to outright farmyard! Indeed, if you can stand it for the first couple of hours it is wonderful for many hours, even days afterwards - just not one to apply and then pop into the office. I'm not phased by oudh in a blended frag, which you say is offset by the vanilla. Lovely! Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom