Scent of The Day

ucneo.jpg

Al Aneeq Oud Wafaa ("Oud of Honour")

Top notes: Rose morocco, artemisia, spicy notes, styrax
Middle notes: Leather, iris, jasmin, cedarwood, tuberose
Base notes: White musk, patchouli, vetiver, amber, oud, poudre

Another oil from British Arabian perfumer Al Aneeq and very much the partner to the Oud Malaki ("Oud of Princes") that I was enjoying last week. The florals are beautifully combined and then muted behind the artemisia for a masculine take, something you'll see from many, many of the more powerhouse frags and I believe it's for this purpose, else the frag could be more on the unisex or even feminine side. It is most definitely leather, but in a fresh leather shoes kinda way, rather than a well worn baseball glove or old pilot's helmet. The woods are sublime. Bravo!

It's another that has an EDT and EDP variant available in bottles, something which I am very likely to buy.

@BigBruce

Al Aneeq Mukhallat Jameel ("Handsome") ... more akin to "Heartthrob" today

Top notes: Cistus Ladbanum, Saffron, Cardamom, Peony
Middle notes: Bulgarian Rose, White and Black Oud, Red Frangipanni, Karo Karounde, Jasmine Sambac
Base notes: Myrrh, Tolubalsam, Tonka Bean, White Musk, Carob Bean, Ambergris

Another classy blend from Al Aneeq with the florals kept well on the masuline side. I must confess, I had to look up Karo Karounde to find it's akin to jasmine, but with an almond edge. The saffron is just there at the beginning, giving the whole thing a certain "what's that?" that keeps you sniffing. It settles out to really fly resins with the florals dancing about ... I expect waves of each and all throughout the day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom