Scent of The Day

ozone-94-1-p_ekm_1000x1000_ekm_1800x1800.jpg

How are you finding the ath fragrances? I’ve been watching some of his fragrance reviews lately and that kind of made me curious about his offerings
They are generally a bit hit and miss. But the ones that are good are very good. I have a full bottle of Ozone and 10mls of Smoulder, Tabac and Oud.

Ozone is nice and easy to wear - a bit like a cross between Creed Virgin Island Water and PDM Layton. Tabac and Oud are both very nice in their own right but perhaps not so easy to wear casually. The new one Smoulder I haven't spent much time with, but initial impressions are that's it's just OK. When I bought Smoulder he sent me 4 samples. Homme, Hazy Blue and Santal Extreme are all fairly forgettable but there was one called Notorious which is excellent. Similar to Initio Side Effect, so I will pick up a 10ml of that soon, or maybe even a full bottle.

Generally, although none of them are clones, I do think most of his stuff reminds me of fragrances I have smelt elsewhere. I will say the performance of everything is incredible though. Long lasting and lots of projection.

They are generally a bit hit and miss. But the ones that are good are very good. I have a full bottle of Ozone and 10mls of Smoulder, Tabac and Oud.

Ozone is nice and easy to wear - a bit like a cross between Creed Virgin Island Water and PDM Layton. Tabac and Oud are both very nice in their own right but perhaps not so easy to wear casually. The new one Smoulder I haven't spent much time with, but initial impressions are that's it's just OK. When I bought Smoulder he sent me 4 samples. Homme, Hazy Blue and Santal Extreme are all fairly forgettable but there was one called Notorious which is excellent. Similar to Initio Side Effect, so I will pick up a 10ml of that soon, or maybe even a full bottle.

Generally, although none of them are clones, I do think most of his stuff reminds me of fragrances I have smelt elsewhere. I will say the performance of everything is incredible though. Long lasting and lots of projection.
Thanks! I’ll have to grab a few samples / decants then to try! Some do sound quite interesting - tabac , oud and ozone mainly! So quite fruity one then? The side effect is a great one tbh

makes sense ! Glad to hear about the performance though

Al Aneeq Oud Wafaa ("Oud of Honour")

Top notes: Rose morocco, artemisia, spicy notes, styrax
Middle notes: Leather, iris, jasmin, cedarwood, tuberose
Base notes: White musk, patchouli, vetiver, amber, oud, poudre

Another oil from British Arabian perfumer Al Aneeq and very much the partner to the Oud Malaki ("Oud of Princes") that I was enjoying last week. The florals are beautifully combined and then muted behind the artemisia for a masculine take, something you'll see from many, many of the more powerhouse frags and I believe it's for this purpose, else the frag could be more on the unisex or even feminine side. It is most definitely leather, but in a fresh leather shoes kinda way, rather than a well worn baseball glove or old pilot's helmet. The woods are sublime. Bravo!

It's another that has an EDT and EDP variant available in bottles, something which I am very likely to buy.

Back
Top Bottom