Scent of The Day

42-Agua%2BBrava.jpg

Al Aneeq Oud Malaki - Rum, Spice, Jasmine, Labdanum; Amber, Sandalwood, Cypriol, Vanilla; Tobacco, Oud, Animalic Notes

Oud Malaki is standout different to me, and it's the inclusion of a rum scent which is a very brave step for an Islamic scent house. I notice they also make an EDT and an EDP in this fragrance. I rarely buy non-oil versions of these kind of scents, but this could be one.

Last edited:

The Reserve Classic sample I used smells a lot like the old Aqua Velva Lime Frost or Redwood if I recall, however it is based upon the old Gillette Sun Up AS that I have never smelled. It's definitely "old mannish", but I am.....old. :whistle:

Blending ...

Al Haramain Fakat Lil Nisa ("For Women") - Bergamot, YlangYlang, Geranium, Saffron; Cedar wood, Sandalwood, Agar wood, Jasmine, Violet, Orris, Rose; Guaiac wood, Amber, Musk, Moss, Tonka Bean

bouk2509 (eBay) Fancy Black - Deep black musk but spicy, with an incredible sweetness and an animalic range ... beefing up the light feminine perfume that I just wanted the high notes from.

... ready for a Wickham's 1912 Citrus Musk shave this evening.

Actually, spotted a bottle at the supermarket ... yoink! It's not a punch in the face frag but pleasant ... yeah, I think I'll enjoy this.
As you stated, its not as potent or in your face as Puig and Aramis. It'll smell diluted compared to them.
But its fresh and timeless and for me personally reminds me of my teens and early 20's so there's that emotional and nostalgic hook that's important to me for some of the older scents.
Glad you liked it.

Back
Top Bottom