Scent of The Day

I'd been trying to post a comment on the post above, but something won't let me. Technology can be a temperamental beast sometimes.

I remember the Aramis fragrance above used to be sold in my local Debenhams. They were the only shop local to me that sold it, though. I bought it several times and loved it. Now, there is nowhere in my area that still sells it.

How I miss Debenhams.
Unfortunately the Aramis tobacco reserve been discontinued (couple months ago now I believe) so it’s getting harder to get a hold of. It is a good scent!

375x500.5674.jpg

I'd been trying to post a comment on the post above, but something won't let me. Technology can be a temperamental beast sometimes.

I remember the Aramis fragrance above used to be sold in my local Debenhams. They were the only shop local to me that sold it, though. I bought it several times and loved it. Now, there is nowhere in my area that still sells it.

How I miss Debenhams.
I saw it once in a ahop called Beauty Outlet for only £18. (they mostly sell ladies perfumes and make-up etc)
If I had known it was soon to be discontinued, I would have picked up a couple of bottles.
They are a chain with shops up and down England, (mostly in shopping centres),from what I gather.
You might get lucky?

I saw it once in a ahop called Beauty Outlet for only £18. (they mostly sell ladies perfumes and make-up etc)
If I had known it was soon to be discontinued, I would have picked up a couple of bottles.
They are a chain with shops up and down England, (mostly in shopping centres),from what I gather.
You might get lucky?
Thanks for that. I don't think that we have that shop in my local shopping centre. That does seem suspiciously cheap for Aramis, though. I have never even seen it on offer in any of the shops here, let alone at such a very low price. I'm a firm believer in the old adages "you get what you pay for" and "if something seems too good to be true then it usually is". Both of those statements are usually very true. I am always a bit wary of shops that I do not know.

Thank you, anyway, Paul, for that.

Thanks for that. I don't think that we have that shop in my local shopping centre. That does seem suspiciously cheap for Aramis, though. I have never even seen it on offer in any of the shops here, let alone at such a very low price. I'm a firm believer in the old adages "you get what you pay for" and "if something seems too good to be true then it usually is". Both of those statements are usually very true. I am always a bit wary of shops that I do not know.

Thank you, anyway, Paul, for that.
My only conclusion to the very cheap price is that they could have bought up bankrupt stock, and priced it at their mark up?

Another example of this that I have seen is that B&M Bargains buy in bulk, set a profit margin for the job lot, and when they have attained that margin, they are happy to sell the remaining stock to staff members.
I witnessed them selling fold up camping chairs priced at £10 to store staff at the end of September for 10p - yes, 10p.
It saves them having to store the goods back at the distribution centres, gathering dust until the summer season comes around again.
They were even happy to extend the discount to contractors, and I bagged a full patio table & chair set priced at £100 for £5.
Big business works in mysterious ways . . .

One thing is for sure, if I see Tobacco Reserve at a discounted price in a shop again, I will buy it, open it and spray it in the shop, and if it's 'not right' would demand a refund.

My only conclusion to the very cheap price is that they could have bought up bankrupt stock, and priced it at their mark up?

Another example of this that I have seen is that B&M Bargains buy in bulk, set a profit margin for the job lot, and when they have attained that margin, they are happy to sell the remaining stock to staff members.
I witnessed them selling fold up camping chairs priced at £10 to store staff at the end of September for 10p - yes, 10p.
It saves them having to store the goods back at the distribution centres, gathering dust until the summer season comes around again.
They were even happy to extend the discount to contractors, and I bagged a full patio table & chair set priced at £100 for £5.
Big business works in mysterious ways . . .

One thing is for sure, if I see Tobacco Reserve at a discounted price in a shop again, I will buy it, open it and spray it in the shop, and if it's 'not right' would demand a refund.
You have a point there. As you say, maybe it was bankrupt stock, or even old stock that other outlets couldn't get rid of. I guess that does happen sometimes. It still pays to be careful and use your common sense, though.

Thanks, Paul.

You have a point there. As you say, maybe it was bankrupt stock, or even old stock that other outlets couldn't get rid of. I guess that does happen sometimes. It still pays to be careful and use your common sense, though.

Thanks, Paul.
A year or so ago, Jeager were off loading mens and womens clothing at VERY low prices in stores such as M&S, and Bon Marche.
The clothing was the real deal, and plenty of bargains to be had - £400 overcoat for £120 etc.
Lots of big brend names are related, some partnerships can be surprising.
Don't be afraid to shop in stores outside of your norm, as there are still some genuine bargains to be had if you seek them out.

A year or so ago, Jeager were off loading mens and womens clothing at VERY low prices in stores such as M&S, and Bon Marche.
The clothing was the real deal, and plenty of bargains to be had - £400 overcoat for £120 etc.
Lots of big brend names are related, some partnerships can be surprising.
Don't be afraid to shop in stores outside of your norm, as there are still some genuine bargains to be had if you seek them out.
You have given me plenty to think about. I'll bear your advice in mind.

Thanks, Paul.

Back
Top Bottom