Scent description for Mdc Rose shaving soap

Has anyone used the Mdc rose shaving soap I would really appreciate a good description of the scent before making the decision to purchase, I do like a rose scent but prefer something a little sweeter than the traditional grandmar scented talc any opinions much welcomed

I wouldn't describe MdC Rose as sweet. For me it's an earthier rose geranium. It's very nice.
Thank you for you’re reply is there any sweetness at all and do you get that old woman talc scent from it. Also is the scent strength light or strong was hoping for something on the lighter side without the old fashioned rose scent that I automatically think of

Strength wise I would say it's just below medium. It's the only rose scented soap that I have kept in my rotation. The scent is really nice, not at all an old woman talc scent.
Thank you think this is what I needed to hear will have to give it snifter to find out for myself one way or the other think I’m very close to pulling the trigger

Thank you for you’re reply is there any sweetness at all and do you get that old woman talc scent from it. Also is the scent strength light or strong was hoping for something on the lighter side without the old fashioned rose scent that I automatically think of
In the interest of science, I've just put my nose in to the jar.

I'm not familiar with the talc smell so can't compare but there's almost a combination of an earthy rose smell and a sweet rose smell. I appreciate that makes no sense but it smells very natural. If I close my eyes and smell it, I can imagine being in a garden of roses. I'd agree with the scent strength assessment by @kamisori

In the interest of science, I've just put my nose in to the jar.

I'm not familiar with the talc smell so can't compare but there's almost a combination of an earthy rose smell and a sweet rose smell. I appreciate that makes no sense but it smells very natural. If I close my eyes and smell it, I can imagine being I'm a garden of roses. I'd agree with the scent strength assessment by @kamisori
I think that makes perfect sense and sounds like what I am looking for natural rose scent with a hint a sweetness in the background going to have to pull the trigger now thank you

It's not MdC but the Signature Soaps Rose and Geranium soap smells divine.
Thank for that may look into it in the near future haven’t tried a signature soap yet. Reason I’m looking at the rose Mdc is I recently bought the natural after finding the scents a bit too strong on original and fougere but more so original. Absolutely love the natural and thought the rose one might be a little lighter in strength

Just an update for anyone that’s interested after receiving a sample of the Mcd rose from @Blademonkey I found the scent to be out of this world and just as described by @Boycie83 and @kamisori natural rose with a very light sweetness and a faint reminiscence of Turkish delight rose to me. Thank you guy’s for helping me out really appreciate it and a massive thank you to Paul for your generosity I’d been sitting on the fence on this one for a while but not anymore it’s divine

Just an update for anyone that’s interested after receiving a sample of the Mcd rose from @Blademonkey I found the scent to be out of this world and just as described by @Boycie83 and @kamisori natural rose with a very light sweetness and a faint reminiscence of Turkish delight rose to me. Thank you guy’s for helping me out really appreciate it and a massive thank you to Paul for your generosity I’d been sitting on the fence on this one for a while but not anymore it’s divine
Pleased to have been some help. :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom