Saturday 5th December to Friday 11th December 2020.

Sotd-11-12-20.jpg

prep - facial scrub
razor - Karve alu - d plate
blade - Med Prep (2)
brush - Semogue 2015 HD
soap - MT Black Beer No.1 paste
post - witch hazel
a/s - 4711
balm - Floid
scent - Gotas Frescas cologne.

I know I said I was going to address the 4711 issue - but it is cool - I'm in control - it isn't the master of me. Not a problem - tell Big Tam I'm good for the money - I'll square him up on giro day. Ah - I think we have some personal space issues here - aaahhhhh - stop hitting me. Aaaghh. Not the face - not the face! Please pay attention to this salutary lesson fellow shavers - aftershave addiction can ruin lives. Cheers - I.

11/12/20
Pre: Face wash with Whickams pre shave soap
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap: Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte
Razor: Valet VC1 Gold
Blade: Despined GEM PTFE S/S (1)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 50 (7) Fri.JPG
A great shave today.
Do not be fooled by the VC1's "torture chamber" looks, this razor is a very forgiving, super efficient and comfortable razor (for me anyway). Fitted with a new de-spined & trimmed GEM blade it gave me comfortable, BBS finish on par, if not smoother, than yesterdays ATT SE-G1.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Good day ladies and gentlemen. Today's shave was kindly donated to you with the theme, 'The Guinness book of shaving records'

IMG_20201210_155227.jpg

Most DE razors stacked on top of each other - 263 By Charles Jonathan Wilkinson July 1987 (unverified as there were claims they had been glued together) - Colonial General V2

Worlds sharpest blade - Feather Super Atom Splitter (Claimed to be so sharp it can cut molecules in two) - Feather Super Professional

World largest shaving brush - The Road-a-matic 3 band badger

road-sweeper.jpeg

Gentleman's Groom Room Whiskey barrel brush

Most expensive shaving soap - A puck of L'Occitane cade soap in a Wilkinson sword plastic tub was offered on the BST by @Boycie83 in August 2019 for £58,534. It never sold but still said to be the costliest ever shaving soap - DR Harris Arlington

Worlds non-sexy scent - Acqua Di Parma acqua del fiume Humber. Created from the water collected by the sewage outlet between Immingham docks and Grimsby - Goutal Monsieur

Arlington today as it just happens to a great winter scent. If you happen to live in Guatemala. Still, and in agreement with the Digital Monkey, it is just one fantastic soap which delivers what it says on the tin wooden container. With the remnants of a barrel of whiskey in control one might have thought a half hearted pissed up effort, but not all. To repeat previous words on this matter, this brush is simply superb.

The V2 does exactly what it says on the tin cardboard box, which is little or nothing outside of the words 'Colonial razors' which describes Jack shit. So in a statement as to what it is actually capable of I quickly scribbled on the box, 'Shaves fucking brilliantly'. And it does.

At the end of the shave I now have a new entry in to the Guinness book of records as to the 'smoothest shave ever achieved' - Satanfriendly on the 11th December 2020. I am now officially a record breaker. I did try once for the most boiled eggs consumed in one sitting, but I was disqualified for consuming them from both ends.
Have a lovely weekend ahead all you wonderful people and wouldn't the world be sad if there were no Japanese ladies to sing you out? Well there is. Have some of this......and apologies for the blokes, but come on, the girls are pretty damn fine

Thursday 10th December
Lather up with RazoRock Puros & RazoRock 400 (Limited Edition) w/Plissoft Black Fibre 24mm
Hot rinse, cold rinse, alumb wash & RazoRock Puros Aftershave​
Enjoyed the RazoRock Puros soap - it's the coconut oil (primary) and tallow (seconday) formula. Nice thick, slick lather. Dead easy to load, too.

The name Puros makes me think it's their take on the classic Kouros.

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - MWF
Brush - New Forest Silvertip
Razor - ESC Outlaw Mild
Blade - Gillette wilkinson (2)
Post - Moisturiser

A nice relaxed shave this morning.
My attempt at a @chard52142 mr whippy looks more like someone giving the finger. Oh well.

IMG_8287.jpg

honestly i think i just had the shave of my life, just a basic pic, nothing fancy here sorry lol

razor muhle rytmo (r89),
gillette nacet blade,
palmolive sensitive with aloe vera,
badger muhle brush

View attachment 62012
If you've just had the shave of your life, then stick with the same set up! Good to hear!!:giggle:.A wonderful shave set up,the beautiful Muhle Brush & razor set will reward you with some sublime shaves once you get accustomed to them..Enjoy your shaves.
P.S. The pic is fine, what's more important is your getting a good irritation-free shave. (y)

Last edited:
Friday AM 2020-12-11
National Lost & Found Day
03KWAX2.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson London Bridge (1)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)
T3msbRX.jpg

Fri 11th December

Jayaruh Syn No67
Vitos Super Red
RR S/S Hawk V3- A Plate
Schick Proline ( 3 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

A busy morning, thought I would shop early and avoid the perils of the couples shopping with total disregard for any one else - no such luck. One pair managed to occupy the whole width of an aisle ! Then had to collect repaired laptop, has to be a new one next time. Managed a nice Shave before going out, managed to pick up the S/S Hawk rather than the Alu version, It is so good not at all surprised that it sells out quickly.

80616389-E246-44BD-A55B-F5341B601B42.jpeg

PS-EJ Sample
Soap-Trumper Rose
Brush-Razorock Syn
Blade-Gillette Saloon
Razor-Henson*
AS-Diluted Lavender Oil

Into Hexham today for a post lockdown haircut. The Turkish lad did a fine job but went a bit wild with his signature hair oil with the result that I had to do some fancy footwork back to the car chased by dogs, an extra 5p wasted in my view. Birds fell from the sky asphyxiated by the rising vapours!

*I normally like big heavy razors but this aluminium one performed well just wondering how long the anodised finish will last. I've finally discovered my Merkur Vision hiding at the back of a cupboard and lost since a house move 8 years ago. I bought this monster in Leeds years ago but its seen little use I'm told they are rare. Geofatboy has a video on how to strip and service the beast so it might come back into use.

If you've just had the shave of your life stick,then with the same set up! Good to hear!!:giggle:.A wonderful shave set up,the beautiful Muhle Brush & razor set will reward you with some sublime shaves once you get accustomed to them..Enjoy your shaves.
P.S. The pic is fine, what's more important is your getting a good irritation-free shave. (y)
thanks bud, the good advice from peeps on this forum like yourself defo goes a long way, much appreciated, thanks saj :)

Back
Top Bottom