Saturday 5th December to Friday 11th December 2020.

Thursday AM 2020-12-10
Nobel Prize Day
Fwzchqz.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Schick Plus Platinum (12)
Dopo Barba di Camaldoli splash
OllWGq1.jpg

Thursday 10th December

ACtC-3d950bISMuVQU9fp4HRL50ybIOPEDWIk2nR4JS9O4dFDJ1d-yK7T_roSCUlgiAsjGaVIyFjaMGZvBLNB-yoy2objeq3ajbuVLoY40xGdTuz59m97J9OVELbSM-hzlAstiZp75rf-WdOk7yd9LkDr1OP4g=w1200

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with RazoRock Puros & RazoRock 400 (Limited Edition) w/Plissoft Black Fibre 24mm
Two pass (3 days) shave with Yaqi Katana & Shark Super Stainless (2)
Hot rinse, cold rinse, alumb wash & RazoRock Puros Aftershave​

Enjoyed the RazoRock Puros soap - it's the coconut oil (primary) and tallow (seconday) formula. Nice thick, slick lather. Dead easy to load, too.

I'm starting a run through the Egyptian Super Stainless blades and so ran the Shark through as the baseline as I'm most familiar with that blade. I've got a Lord Classic, Lord (non-Classic), ASCO & Big Ben to try out and while I have no reason not to think they're all exactly the same blade, there might be some surprises. As it stands, I seem to prefer the Lord branded Super Chrome to the Shark. Let's see with the Super Stainless ...

I felt a bit flat an hour or so after shaving and gave myself a good splash of Puig Quorum aftershave. Much better!

Fri 11th SOTD
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Bluebird Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic
Clubman VIBR
Excellent lather from the soap. Really nice bayrum scent with creamy and slick qualities.
Shave with razor paired with this blade was between good and not so good. Very nice and smooth for wtg & xtg but after the atg pass...some weepers and irritation...dang! Very close bbs to dfs results though. Excellent post & aftershaves.
Rating 9/10
20201210_205510.jpg
20201211_072724.jpg

SOTD
Thanks @slickboysuk for the quick delivery of The Night Before by Noble Otter, the scent from the soap is mild but the splash is stronger, nice scent with the sandalwood coming through wish it was a bit stronger and as usual loaded the brush and whipped up a blizzard of lather so rich, creamy and slick. Used my recently finished handle with a 26mm silvertip. The pass around Carbon ++ with a fresh Nacet maybe a bit much for everyday use will drop it down to the + plate and see how that goes.
1607676124802.png

11 December

Yesterday...
SV 70th Anniversary
Razorock Bruce
MÜHLE R41
Gillette Silver Blue
SV 70th Anniversary asl

1A2DD7E5-25FC-4ADC-B469-97084C8269A8.jpeg

Today...
SV 70th Anniversary
Semogue SOC
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Feather Hi-stainless
SV 70th Anniversary asl

BFEEB8FF-AFDE-4312-87DF-990A8274708C.jpeg

Two shaves mainly distinguished by ease of lather production. The contrast between the Razorock synthetic and the Semogue boar couldn't have been starker, and yet both shaves were enjoyable in their own ways, and both produced an excellent result.

Back
Top Bottom