Saturday 5th December to Friday 11th December 2020.

Wednesday 9th December

Soap - Signature Soaps CorIa
Brush - YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor - RazoRock Game Changer .84-P
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post - Boots No7 Balm

To wind down from a 5AM start and working out in the rain for half of the day, a hot bath and shave rounded off my day nicely.
Having used the mild King C Gillette razor for my previous two shaves, the Game Changer is certainly a step up in performance.
@BrianH 's Coria soap is very dependable - always provides a stable lather and the scent is nice too.
I picked up a small persistent cut under the nose that required stemming with an alum block - suspected pimple sheared while going ATG.
Finished with Boots Balm - it's good stuff and not at all greasy.

Wednesday 9th December
O
Soap - Signature Soaps CorIa
Brush - YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor - RazoRock Game Changer .84-P
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post - Boots No7 Balm

To wind down from a 5AM start and working out in the rain for half of the day, a hot bath and shave rounded off my day nicely.
Having used the mild King C Gillette razor for my previous two shaves, the Game Changer is certainly a step up in performance.
@BrianH 's Coria soap is very dependable - always provides a stable lather and the scent is nice too.
I picked up a small persistent cut under the nose that required stemming with an alum block - suspected pimple sheared while going ATG.
Finished with Boots Balm - it's good stuff and not at all greasy.
Thank you, I find rose geranium and lavender essential oil combination nice and relaxing.

Honestly this Arian & Evans soaps are class i can't get enough of them. the scents are wonderful. This was a cold water shave for me today.
i started with #executive shaving preshave then
Rex Ambassador on setting 4 with a Gillette 7 o'clock yellow first use blade, i found this to be a great combo for me.
Brush was a Alpha Rubberset 400 travel brush, possibly my favourite,
Then on went lashings of Arian & Evans Asian Pear followed by the splash of the same name and finished with a very cheap L'oréal aftershave balm.
All in all it was a wonderful shave but it normally is when i use cold water EA066599-207D-497B-8A12-66E4DDBD651A.jpeg

December 10

The Day Before Yesterday...

St. James Black Pepper and Lime
Razorock 400 Noir
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

240735C1-9E18-4643-9DD8-434586D45DAD.jpeg

Yesterday...

St James Black Pepper and Lime
PAA Peregrino
MÜHLE R41
Gillette Silver Blue
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

C1D6D50D-2680-4C8A-AF4C-F2FCA015CFE9.jpeg

Wow. Three days of forgetfulness in a row. I can't tell you how many times I've started and stopped this post over the last couple of days.
Anyhow, two shaves, both good, both highlighted by the interaction of the cream with the synthetic brush. A couple of wonderful lathers and so easy.
I can't wait to see what I forget tomorrow, if it's my head there will be no post...again.

Thu 10th SOTD - New Soap and Holy Cow...it's really good!!
Soap
Wholly Kaw Jamestown Gentleman
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor RazoRock G37
Blade Viking Sword #4
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic
Clubman Brandy Spice
Awesome soap this!! Heard of WK reputation for a long time and finally have 2 samples. The scent was awesome! The lather was thick and creamy and really slick...all from just a tiny bit of soap...in fact, there were some leftovers...hahaha
Shave with one of my top efficient & comfortable razor paired with the blade was just ok. The blade no longer feels sharp and crisp. Still able to do the job but atg was not so comfortable and after 3 multiple passes, only DFS/SAS result. No weepers though. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9/10. The blade will be ditch...
20201210_114519.jpg

SOTD : 10th December 2020.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.

Brush : Omega S10018.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : Palmolive Classic Shave Cream.

Blade: Mers ~ Super Shave X Platinum. (4)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Denim Original ASL./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Today i went for a hybrid combo of 'Modern/Old School' shave set up.

The dependable Palmolive classic shave cream provided a slick protective lather in a short space of time.... When ever i mention to family and friends that 'I still wear Denim' i get some vague interesting looks and comments....Not that this concerns me in anyway,, the younger chaps that i work with don't understand the greatness of Denim which is a pity, but it's their loss if they can't appreciate a classic 'Old School' fragrance.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling very 'Old School' divine, but i love it!.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thursday 10th December
Jayaruh 289 - De Vergulde Hand - GEM 3D SE by Roger Quintero - GEM SSC #3 - Quorum A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20201208-145504894-HDR-01.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Cella Red
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'SB-B' / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow SE #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

10/12/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: @Steven_Jagger - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap: Ariana & Evans Pamplemousse
Razor: ATT SE-G1
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (4)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 50 (6) Thurs.JPG
The G1 i find is a very smooth and efficient razor. A wonderful comfortable shave today.
I am really enjoying the A&E soaps thanks to @Boycie83 's used soap emporium, applied with a face full of soft badger.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
10/12/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: @Steven_Jagger - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap: Ariana & Evans Pamplemousse
Razor: ATT SE-G1
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (4)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
View attachment 61950
The G1 i find is a very smooth and efficient razor. A wonderful comfortable shave today.
I am really enjoying the A&E soaps thanks to @Boycie83 's used soap emporium, applied with a face full of soft badger.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
I'm always pleased to see a happy customer!

Back
Top Bottom