Saturday 20th November to Friday 26th of November of 2021.

Thursday AM 2021-11-25
Thanksgiving
SP7qKJO.jpg

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version)
LASSC BBS-1
Personna 74 Tungsten (2)
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave
FnmeYf9.jpg

Gillette post-war BE Tech
Williams Mug Soap
Pinaud Clubman
AS
Boar brush (gifted & I think Omega)
Gillette NOS Blue Blade (#3 on this 1971 PTFE coated carbon steel blade)
I have never used a better blade. Just incredible. Yeah, things were great until that damned English garden tool co. came along and screwed it up. :mad: ;)

Traditional USA Thanksgiving shave today,

kBQkBEX.jpg

Interesting reading you’re comments. For some time I've contemplated trying soaps that are outside of my usual scent preferences. I generally lean toward barber shop / fresh / spicy / cologne types of scents but I reckon it's time to take a trip out of my comfort zone. I’m sure there’s plenty out there that I’d enjoy but every time I look at another soap purchase I keep sticking with what I know and telling myself ...... next time.
@Radar , you should jump on the Newbie Box passaround. Great way to hone your tastes and try new things.

'Twas I, @Digimonkey and it was actually the TDS rose (and a Wickham English Rose sample) that got me started :geek: Superb quality and probably the pick of the TDS scents IMHO - with the lilac coming a close second.....

@Jester I apologise for not crediting my sources correctly. :) I think the TDS is excellent too. I've got the menthol left to try - but to be honest, I'm a bit scared of it - eye-watering even having a sniff. I think I'll go for a full tub but would be most tempted by the Goat's Milk, which is probably not going to smell of much but I would imagine the after care would be off the dial given how good the standard base is. Did you have any problems getting the stuff safely sent from their website? Some of the splashes look interesting too. - cheers - I.

Interesting reading you’re comments. For some time I've contemplated trying soaps that are outside of my usual scent preferences. I generally lean toward barber shop / fresh / spicy / cologne types of scents but I reckon it's time to take a trip out of my comfort zone. I’m sure there’s plenty out there that I’d enjoy but every time I look at another soap purchase I keep sticking with what I know and telling myself ...... next time.

@Radar I was much the same as you - I have lots of barbershop and citrus products for the same reason. :) Nothing wrong with stuff you know you'll like but my software choices would be immeasurably poorer had I not had a go with, say, lavender, or failed to discover the vast array of tobacco based soaps and splashes. Samples are a good option - below is a link for a company that does just that. You could get a bunch of things that wouldn't be worth the risk of a full tub or tube. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something excellent that you hadn't considered before. - cheers - I.

@Jester I apologise for not crediting my sources correctly. :) I think the TDS is excellent too. I've got the menthol left to try - but to be honest, I'm a bit scared of it - eye-watering even having a sniff. I think I'll go for a full tub but would be most tempted by the Goat's Milk, which is probably not going to smell of much but I would imagine the after care would be off the dial given how good the standard base is. Did you have any problems getting the stuff safely sent from their website? Some of the splashes look interesting too. - cheers - I.
Think nothing of it @Digimonkey - I am just heartened that somebody reads my ramblings rather than just an automatic "like" as they scroll past the picture ;):p
My initial purchase was rose, lilac and juniper soaps along with rose ASL and the Kayaput menthol ASL - which is not a Madman by any stretch, just a nice minty hit. . Delivery was six days from Belarus, and they even chucked in a range of shaving and normal soap samples! I was mightily impressed.

D214DFFE-F8CF-4390-8A94-4508DBC873D0.jpeg

Wolf Whiskers Tuxedo
Hampshire Woolfat #3
Rockwell 6C (3)
Minora (2)
Thayer’s cucumber witch hazel
Speick Active a/s

Thoroughly excellent. A member whose name escapes me, recently commented that their skin feels better after shaving with the Hampfat than before. I agree. The Speick a/s helps with this also.
Great. Enjoy yours gents.

Last edited:
7BCF3FE6-1B09-4FDF-9CA1-0B7F83C901E8.jpeg

SOTD: 25/11/2021

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 1st use
Brush: Oumobrush Silvertip In a Handmade Bog Oak Handle
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Yaqi Green Puck
Aftershave: Channel Allure EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A lovely citrusy shave today, all went brilliantly from the lather to the final pass. It’s a great little combination!

Menthol erm, Thursday?

7173B191-7245-44E8-8F70-BA9E31076913.jpeg
Gillette Aristocrat #22, Rapira Swede, ShedEleven Turnhouse in Beech w/24mm 2-band, Ingram, Benjamin’s Menthol Bay Rum, Baxter of California Balm

An absolute stormer of a shave. These blades just go so well in my vintage Gillette TTOs. With grateful thanks to @saj1985 for the Baxter balm.
Nice...I just got benjamins bay rum recently, got the original and menthol,
absolutely love the menthol, for £3 it's a steal

Thursday 25th November

AM-JKLVVj6N0eCmc0eMSmmMXcK5Dft3f3cW4o5N7kwcB55xkvOrAwB_B7s7i0z13gnnve7Ia0fZ58ZV5N0Ga6Yw8wkCsCwjsf1U7RHLe_21XrprtHK6wMhyrcO1Mqsj_Q6KIWjvhg4h1koPpSb26wlF9oDLF7g=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Parma Violet Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Merkur 37C (post-2015)
Personna Platinum Chrome (German) (3)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

Smoothest of the three shaves off this blade ... the shave I hoped for, finally. To be frank, part way through the second shave, the blade really dropped into that groove that I'm used to from the Personna Platinum Chrome.

Think nothing of it @Digimonkey - I am just heartened that somebody reads my ramblings rather than just an automatic "like" as they scroll past the picture ;):p
My initial purchase was rose, lilac and juniper soaps along with rose ASL and the Kayaput menthol ASL - which is not a Madman by any stretch, just a nice minty hit. . Delivery was six days from Belarus, and they even chucked in a range of shaving and normal soap samples! I was mightily impressed.
Sounds good - cheers - I.

View attachment 80583

SOTD: 25/11/2021

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 1st use
Brush: Oumobrush Silvertip In a Handmade Bog Oak Handle
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Yaqi Green Puck
Aftershave: Channel Allure EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A lovely citrusy shave today, all went brilliantly from the lather to the final pass. It’s a great little combination!
Yaqi now have the splash available for that soap Lee. I seem to recall you saying you were waiting for them to release it?

@Radar , you should jump on the Newbie Box passaround. Great way to hone your tastes and try new things.
Cheers @Jester, I'll certainly give that some consideration

@Radar I was much the same as you - I have lots of barbershop and citrus products for the same reason. :) Nothing wrong with stuff you know you'll like but my software choices would be immeasurably poorer had I not had a go with, say, lavender, or failed to discover the vast array of tobacco based soaps and splashes. Samples are a good option - below is a link for a company that does just that. You could get a bunch of things that wouldn't be worth the risk of a full tub or tube. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something excellent that you hadn't considered before. - cheers - I.

Thanks a lot for you're feedback @Digimonkey. A bunch of samples would suit me just fine and that looks like a great site with plenty of choice.

Back
Top Bottom