Saturday 20th November to Friday 26th of November of 2021.

Razor = ATT Windsor Copper
Blade = Treet Silver ( 3 )
Brush = PAA The Solar Flare 24mm Synthetic
Cream = Simpsons Sandlewood
Splash = Myrsol Don Miguel
Balm = Simpsons Sandlewood 17FD62AD-AFAB-4555-B3FC-C327CEC42BEF.jpegDecebt enough shave for me today however i’m totally unsure of this razor.
i know it’s probably my fault but the razor is so heavy i feel i’m holding it very high up just to keep it off the skin so much.
One weeper :cry:
Which isn’t like me really so i’ll put it down to the razor.
Overall it wasn’t a bad shave at all i guess i’m being picky.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe

Seygus V2 - 0.7/0.7/0.5
Astra blue
Proraso pre-shave green (menthol)
Mitchell's wool fat
Yaqui Sagrada/face lathering
Old Spice (lots)

I don't know what happened today but the Seygus behaved so well, probably I had a light hand fearing the worse after 3 shaves with Rex at 0.5.
One pattern I am extracting from experience: with the Astra blue I am never dissatisfied.
Looking forward to some black Friday shopping in the AS realm...

Take care chaps!

Does it mean my razor was somehow damaged...??
This was the razor when I received it...I did send it for replating but it was done terribly. It was in 3 pieces when I received it...
Thanks for your help here...
View attachment 80555
It could have been from normal wear, or a previous owner wanted it to be a three piece and sanded down the bump a little bit. It won't affect anything in a negative way, it just allows the knob to come out just like a Single Ring or a New Standard etc. The Long Comb New is a wonderful shaver, I wasn't saying anything negative about your razor, vintage rocks! :cool: (y)

Thursday November 25, 2021
Razor: Blackbird Titanium
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Vein Quartz/Horse
Soap: Sheep Fat Test Soap
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Nivea Deep
Fragrance: Amouage Journey
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,114

Another delightful use of the test soap and not much more to say about it. Just getting some more uses before final results are reported olschoolsteel The Horse on 2nd use was shedding like the 1st use. Hopefully it will slow down to a reasonable level or it may get swapped for a nice Boar. That'd be a shame as I'd like to have a horse in the stable..........(see what I did there) and it would be an appropriate handle to have one in. If it stays I may need a little horse figurine like my Boar and Badgers. The Titanium Blackbird just flat out works for me in spades which is so odd as I didn't care for it in SS at all. Have a great day Folks !
IMG_20211125_070709832_HDR.jpg

It could have been from normal wear, or a previous owner wanted it to be a three piece and sanded down the bump a little bit. It won't affect anything in a negative way, it just allows the knob to come out just like a Single Ring or a New Standard etc. The Long Comb New is a wonderful shaver, I wasn't saying anything negative about your razor, vintage rocks! :cool: (y)
Hey, no worries at all...I'm more than happy to have someone point out and comment on my gears, especially vintage razors. I agreed on vintage rocks as I have more than 10 vintage DE/SE razors. I much prefer to collect antique straights now...hahaha, I'm patiently waiting for an old-old (1800) Sheffield :LOL::D

Sotd-25-11-21.png
Yesterday & today -

razor - ATT alu Calypso - M plate
blade - Gillette Yellow (4 & 5)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - TDS Rose (sample)
post - witch hazel
a/s - Old Spice
balm - L'Oreal Hydra
scent - Dior Oud Ispahan parfum. (Don't complain to me - that's how they spell it.)

Somebody recently - sorry, can't remember who - made what I thought was a very valid point, in that they wouldn't have believed pre 'proper' shaving that they would come to be so attached to rose scents. My equivalent has been lavender - if you had suggested to me that I would end up with so many variants of soap, splash and scent I might have suggested that you were mental and I was more likely to paint myself purple and change my name to Susan. There you go - we live and learn. Rose, though, is still uncharted territory for me. I've come to quite enjoy the TDS take on the theme - unlathered, I'm not so convinced but it opens out into something not far off turkish delight. Very pleasant in my opinion. I have nothing but praise for the TDS soap base - excellent in every respect. Finished off with the rose-heavy Dior parfum. A week of superlative shaves comes to an end - I wish the same to you all - hasta pronto - I.

Somebody recently - sorry, can't remember who - made what I thought was a very valid point, in that they wouldn't have believed pre 'proper' shaving that they would come to be so attached to rose scents.
'Twas I, @Digimonkey and it was actually the TDS rose (and a Wickham English Rose sample) that got me started :geek: Superb quality and probably the pick of the TDS scents IMHO - with the lilac coming a close second.....

Somebody recently - sorry, can't remember who - made what I thought was a very valid point, in that they wouldn't have believed pre 'proper' shaving that they would come to be so attached to rose scents. My equivalent has been lavender - if you had suggested to me that I would end up with so many variants of soap, splash and scent I might have suggested that you were mental and I was more likely to paint myself purple and change my name to Susan. There you go - we live and learn. Rose, though, is still uncharted territory for me. I've come to quite enjoy the TDS take on the theme - unlathered, I'm not so convinced but it opens out into something not far off turkish delight. Very pleasant in my opinion. I have nothing but praise for the TDS soap base - excellent in every respect. Finished off with the rose-heavy Dior parfum. A week of superlative shaves comes to an end - I wish the same to you all - hasta pronto - I.

Interesting reading you’re comments. For some time I've contemplated trying soaps that are outside of my usual scent preferences. I generally lean toward barber shop / fresh / spicy / cologne types of scents but I reckon it's time to take a trip out of my comfort zone. I’m sure there’s plenty out there that I’d enjoy but every time I look at another soap purchase I keep sticking with what I know and telling myself ...... next time.

Back
Top Bottom