Saturday 20th November to Friday 26th of November of 2021.

SOTD : 20th November 2021.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush:Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Kiss My Face Peaceful Patchouli Shave Cream.
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water Face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Pashana Original ASL./ L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...It's been a while since i last used the KMF shave cream, it created a wonderful lather without drying out in between passes the post shave feeling from this shave cream is superb... The Treet 7 day platinum are another blade that pairs well with the Parker 98r... I forgot how smooth and sharp the treet 7 days blades are...The characteristics of them are very like the Astra SP blade in sharpness, with a slightly sharper edge ,which can be a little rough on the first pass, like a lot of DE blades, but after that they mellow out...As always DE blade opinions are very subjective.

Yet again i had to rub my fingertips with a alum block inbetween each pass to stop the razor handle from slipping while shaving.

A pleasurable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 20 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Thiers Le Grelot 6/8 - On Loan 1st Use!
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple
Super nice lather from this soap! The scent is intoxicating, the lather is cooling, creamy & slick...awesome!
Trying for the 1st time an on-loan modern Thiers Le Grelot...beautiful looking, nice weight & balance with a smooth and comfortable edge honed on jnats. While the kind & generous owner showed how well the edge cuts through his whiskers (I was impressed)...he's in his 30s...my older whiskers say nope...:LOL:Managed in 3+1passes for a ccs result only. I have the owner's permission for this razor to go through the pasted balsa progression...yay! Let's see how tomorrow. Matching aftershave was great!
20211120_145804.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday 20th November
Alpha T400 - Wickham Gothic Revival - 3D Rocnel SE-P by Roger Quintero - Euromax Platinum #1 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Wickham Gothic Revival ASB
Uom1KYG.jpg

SOTD 20-Nov
20211118_122246.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: Barbershop De Los Muertos
Razor: Henckels Friodur 472

Wonderfully chilled shave this morning, for once had a ton of time. I've heard rave reviews for this barbershop, both on the scent and the kodiak base. So far I'm finding it to be good but there are much better out there, I certainly wouldn't replace it when it's gone whereas there are others in my lineup that I most certainly will.

Either which way a good finish and ready to take my little one to dance class, thankfully they don't try to get me to dance at all. Being a 6' 5" Yorkshireman I can sidestep fairly well on the pitch but I'm not sure I could pull off a pirouette!

How everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 20th November 2021

Shave Score 9.5

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: TFS - Vecchia Torino
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR Game changer .84
Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond (2)
Post Shave ASL: TFS - Vecchia Torino
Post Shave Balm: Bart's Balms - Ben Hope (peppermint) not LEA :)
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: TFS - Vecchia Torino

Have a great Saturday all.

Joe

PXL_20211120_100455394.jpg

Saturday November 20, 2021
Razor: Schick Type F Injector
Blade: sChick
Brush: Trotter Handcraft Vein Quartz/26mm Boti Horse
Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance: Parfums de Marly Herod
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,109

So the Hibernia soap is a great Citrus scent that performs amazingly and the this Trotter Handcraft brush is a REAL trotter as I installed a horse hair knot. It felt soft to the face dry. No break in, just a 5 minute water soak and started lathering off the tub. Saw a couple hairs lost in the tub and 2 more on the face when lathering. Maybe a couple more in the sink were spotted so reasonable for a new brush. When cleaning it up, towel strop and drying the handle, no more shedding was seen. Have high hopes for this Boti 26mm Horse knot. It was a tad scritchy but not bad and assuming it will soften with use like a Boar. Smooth, refreshed and smelling great with the Herod EDP. Bring on the coffee and Carrot Cake. Have a Stellar Day Folks !
IMG_20211119_213716145_HDR.jpg

PreShave: Shower then Cube - unscented

Soap: OSP No8

Brush: RR 400

Razor: R6S / R3

Blade: Astra SP #1

Post Shave: Alum block - OSP No8 splash

DE Shave #49

I thought I had nicked myself and as I moved the razor to check.................................... I nicked myself.....DOH! ..... Stupidity level 4 unlocked :)
Apart from that a 3 pass with a couple of touch ups resulted in a face feeler.

Have a good weekend all.

Back
Top Bottom