Saturday 20th November to Friday 26th of November of 2021.

Menthol erm, Thursday?

7173B191-7245-44E8-8F70-BA9E31076913.jpeg
Gillette Aristocrat #22, Rapira Swede, ShedEleven Turnhouse in Beech w/24mm 2-band, Ingram, Benjamin’s Menthol Bay Rum, Baxter of California Balm

An absolute stormer of a shave. These blades just go so well in my vintage Gillette TTOs. With grateful thanks to @saj1985 for the Baxter balm.
Nice...I just got benjamins bay rum recently, got the original and menthol,
absolutely love the menthol, for £3 it's a steal

Thursday 25th November

AM-JKLVVj6N0eCmc0eMSmmMXcK5Dft3f3cW4o5N7kwcB55xkvOrAwB_B7s7i0z13gnnve7Ia0fZ58ZV5N0Ga6Yw8wkCsCwjsf1U7RHLe_21XrprtHK6wMhyrcO1Mqsj_Q6KIWjvhg4h1koPpSb26wlF9oDLF7g=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Parma Violet Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Merkur 37C (post-2015)
Personna Platinum Chrome (German) (3)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

Smoothest of the three shaves off this blade ... the shave I hoped for, finally. To be frank, part way through the second shave, the blade really dropped into that groove that I'm used to from the Personna Platinum Chrome.

Digimonkey

Supporter
Supporter
Think nothing of it @Digimonkey - I am just heartened that somebody reads my ramblings rather than just an automatic "like" as they scroll past the picture ;):p
My initial purchase was rose, lilac and juniper soaps along with rose ASL and the Kayaput menthol ASL - which is not a Madman by any stretch, just a nice minty hit. . Delivery was six days from Belarus, and they even chucked in a range of shaving and normal soap samples! I was mightily impressed.
Sounds good - cheers - I.

View attachment 80583

SOTD: 25/11/2021

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 1st use
Brush: Oumobrush Silvertip In a Handmade Bog Oak Handle
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Yaqi Green Puck
Aftershave: Channel Allure EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A lovely citrusy shave today, all went brilliantly from the lather to the final pass. It’s a great little combination!
Yaqi now have the splash available for that soap Lee. I seem to recall you saying you were waiting for them to release it?

@Radar , you should jump on the Newbie Box passaround. Great way to hone your tastes and try new things.
Cheers @Jester, I'll certainly give that some consideration

@Radar I was much the same as you - I have lots of barbershop and citrus products for the same reason. :) Nothing wrong with stuff you know you'll like but my software choices would be immeasurably poorer had I not had a go with, say, lavender, or failed to discover the vast array of tobacco based soaps and splashes. Samples are a good option - below is a link for a company that does just that. You could get a bunch of things that wouldn't be worth the risk of a full tub or tube. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something excellent that you hadn't considered before. - cheers - I.

Thanks a lot for you're feedback @Digimonkey. A bunch of samples would suit me just fine and that looks like a great site with plenty of choice.

What a great shave this evening with these products from Homelike shaving (well, most of them are from there :) ).

- Preshave: PAA The Cube
- Brush: Homelike shaving Red Synthetic F1 24 mm (unbelievable water retaining)
- Bowl: Homelike shaving - Fish green
- Soap: TDS "Pampering" shaving soap
- Razor: Homelike shaving Taiga, plate: 1 and 3
- Blade: Gillette Nacet
- Alum: HLS alum stick
- After shave: Moon - Amaretto

20211125_220249.jpg

Last edited:
Fri 26 SOTD
Soap Stirling Boat Drinks
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor EJ DE89L- My very 1st DE razor
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless - My very 1st DE blade and also the most in stock!
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple
Absolutely love this soap! Very enjoyable scent with a nice creamy and slick lather...
The shave with my very 1st DE razor/blade brought back some memories...hahaha. Haven't used this pairing for a loooong time. Oh my...it was silky smooth yet crisply sharp, like a hot knife thru butter. Very comfortable 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Aftershaves were excellent. Very enjoyable session.
20211126_090106.jpg

Top Bottom