Razor: Henson Aluminium
Blade: Gillette Minora (1)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2B
Soap: Proraso Green
Pre: Proraso Green
ASL: Proraso Green
ASB: Proraso Green

IMG_20201217_184614.jpg

I love the new Proraso Super Formula. Great lather today.

I'm underwhelmed by the Henson. It's fine, it does the job but I don't come away from the shaves feeling like I've really enjoyed them. This will probably hit the BST after Christmas.

Thur 17th December
Muhle Silvertip 21mm
Monsavon au Lait
ATT SE1
Schick Proline ( 10 )
Lea A/S Balm

Quick Shave before taking wife to A&E, stumbled on stairs and jarred knee.
Lovely Xmas present- fractured kneecap, leg in splint. After a few weeks will be assessed to see if op is needed.
Think I may be getting a few Ready Meals in, and probably not lingering around Shaving forums Did I say the Shave was good.

View attachment 62190

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thursday 17th December

ACtC-3cQh7UHAYKEHto2RbxW16Bca-R8tWukxpD_-R1ahBuPfnVGT4bwds2qWI-f-77TsULgMCaMm5VAlb4k_jwJJR7pVLGTOfxOl52-oClQRiAJRNCxBn49jz9jww4OqWdJ7u7XdHvyhgPShxKt9tKm829AZA=w800

Wash with L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Entergetic Ice Cool Face Wash
Lather up with Wickham's 1912 Buddha Wood & Haryali Wood w/Blonde Boar 22mm
Two pass (2 day) shave with 1960s Gillette Tech w/Aluminium baseplate & Lord Classic (2)
Hot rinse, cold rinse, alum wash & Novaya Zarya Russian Forest Aftershave Cologne​

Fit! Fit! Fit! That was marvellous ...

The Lord Classic is fast rising in my ratings. My definition of a "to go" blade is one which will deliver the same results over and over in any razor, and I have three that fit that bill: Treet Platinum (10), Rapira Platinum Lux (10) and SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium (8). Those first two platinums deliver four and three near identical shaves for me, neither dulling nor losing any glide. Empirically, I've seen results that these two blades are the same sharpness from new, to after the first shave to after the second shave and feel to continue like that on my face. The SuperMax was an early result from when I shaved with a DE prior to a number of years exclusively shaving with single edge.

Back to the Lord Classic ...

Granted, this is only the second such blade I've used and only have a mere handful of shaves with the blade, but it's a blade that I want to try out in all manner of razors because I think it could be another "to go" blade. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this short list is the be all and end all of blades for me, as I have a good list of other favourites which have specific characteristics and work best in certain razors - for example, Treet DuraSharps in older Techs, News and particularly brass; Shark Super Stainless (8) in middle-era Gillette Techs, again, particularly brass or PermaSharp Supers (9) in late-era Gillette Techs. That, and the Treet 7 Days Platinum (an 11/10!!!) for consistently delivering seven full shaves without dropping off, but it's so neutral ... like driving an M5, the thrill of speed neutered as it's just so perfectly balanced.

Back to the Lord Classic ...

I have the Lord Classic presently at a 9/10 but I can see it rising once I've tried it in a number of other razors and tried it back to back against the Treet Platinum or Rapira Platinum Lux. It's smooth. I get sensationally close shaves and the regrowth is comfortable and consistent. In terms of sharpness and smoothness, I can't split it against either the Lord or Shark Super Chrome (yes, it's "up there" with the chrome blades rather than "down there" with the stainless), but the Super Chrome is another rather neutral feeling blade and so one I'll keep in, but not one I'd list as a favourite. The Lord Classic delivers that: sharp and smooth, but it also has that je ne sait quoi which makes it rather special.

I've plugged a few gaps in my collection and I'm presently awaiting a stack of blades - the rest of the Treets (so, New Steel, New Edge, Falcon, King & Star Plus) and a handful of Lord (Extra, Cool & Silver Star). There is a school of thought that all the Lord blades of a particular type (say, Super Stainless) are all the same, but I really am inclined to disagree: the Shark Super Stainless is a stainless blade that really wants to be a carbon steel blade, delivering a shave that has the exhilaration of driving an old car without power steering as you can feel everything and in a good, non-tuggy way; the Big Ben feels more like the chrome blades to my face and is possibly thicker than the other blades; the ASCO different again and somewhere between the Shark and the Lord Classic; the Silver Star, one I've yet to use, but from an initial fiddle it does feel thinner than the others. I am keen to try the Lord Cool when it arrives and really should have bought in some Lord Extras ... naturally, I will.

Pleased to hear you are getting on well with the Lord Classic SS. It's my favourite of the Lord blades I have tried.

Fri 18th SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen - Reused
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade American Shave Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers
Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original
Used yesterday's leftover lather. Still creamy & nicely slick with a tone down scent.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very nice! So smooth and so comfortable for 3passes bbs to dfs result without any issues. It's generally a mild combo but quite good efficiency.
20201218_065753.jpg

Thursday 17th December

Soap - Pre De Provence No63
Brush - Zenith Synthetic
Razor - Timeless Bronze 0.38 SB
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword (4)
Post - Pre De Provence No63 Balm
EdC - PenhallIgons Endymion

Not a bad shave, but I broke my own rule - I used the blade four times, and the ATG pass wasn't as comfortable as I would've liked.
Laziness on my part tainted the shave a little.
Pre De Provence shines through with good stable lather with a pretty scent.
Finished with matching balm and a few sprays of Endymion EdC, which seems to compliment No63 quite nicely

Back
Top Bottom