2solhba.jpg

14/1/20

Vintage Month

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Pre de Provence
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Astra SP
Post - Intesa Glacial Lotion

When I first started shaving I'd generally go for 3 passes and clean up, which I kept up for a few years. In the last year or so I dropped a pass, but still for daily shaves my face wouldn't often wouldn't feel great.
After reading Paul @pjgh's one pass shaves I decided to give it a go myself today. My razor of choice is a mild one, and the blade isn't the sharpest one out there as well but it was smooth and efficient enough for today's one pass shave, of course my face wasn't as smooth as it would be after a 3.5 pass shave but my face is fairly comfortable, and predictably the shave took a lot less time to complete.

After reading Paul @pjgh's one pass shaves I decided to give it a go myself today. My razor of choice is a mild one, and the blade isn't the sharpest one out there as well but it was smooth and efficient enough for today's one pass shave, of course my face wasn't as smooth as it would be after a 3.5 pass shave but my face is fairly comfortable, and predictably the shave took a lot less time to complete.

My "trick" is to use the Gillette slide, a diagonal stroke whereby the razor is straight but I draw it down diagonally rather than putting the razor itself on the slant. I'm just interesting in a good shave that leaves me presentable. I would have to do extra passes to get that baby smooth feeling, but it's not actually a feeling that I like.

Good evening all

Brush- Truefit & Hill Best Badger
Soap- TOBS Rose Cream
Razor- Rockwell 6S R2
Blade- GSB #4
Post- Barts Bergamot and Vanilla
Splash- D&G

Just a very quick one pass this evening, I thought the blade was on its final shave last night and this evenings shave confirmed it.
The Rose cream from TOBS is a beaut although I don't have any Rose scented post shave products so made do with Barts balm and a D&G splash that is probably 20 years old.
Not bad for an only pass but the R2 plate is a very mild shave.

C4BD5951-65A6-4506-8525-32946F2C63BA.jpeg

Ariana & Evans SoCal Hipster man it's so underrated.
Pre Shave was a home made oil with two essential oils in tea tree & sandalwood.
Razor = Rex Ambassador on setting 4.
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge ( Yellow )
Brush Yaqi 24mm
Soap = Ariana & Evan SoCal Hipster
Aftershave = Boots Freshwood
Balm Nivea Skin Energy.
iv found the combination of the yellow 7 o'clock to be the best so far with the Rex.
and for anyone who likes fruity scents try this soap it's sheer class
Have to say i definitely get the best shave iv ever had with the Rex58359C0D-582B-43F5-8FCE-E7DCFEDECEFE.jpeg.

Fri 15th SOTD with New US$1 Brush!
Soap
Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue Ohhh so soft is the knot yet great for face lathering. The handle is so comfortable!
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable (setting 3-2.5-2)
Blade Viking's Sword 4th and last!
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Excellent lather from the soap. Creamy and slick with a scent I just love.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was just ok. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes and again except atg on the chin and lips area. Did not push it and as a result, was between dfs/ccs/sas without any nicks weepers nor irritation. WFH so don't require a perfect result. The main thing is no blood and irritation. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9/10
20210115_000603.jpg
20210115_093228.jpg

When I first started shaving I'd generally go for 3 passes and clean up

My experience too - I went from three - to two - and now - one pass - with no degradation in the quality of the result. The key for me was - properly understanding my beard growth - funny and odd razor angles that the videos tell you not to do. Any touch ups are done with the residual slickness from the soap - and the water in the basin - no need for any more soap. Works for me - there is nothing natural about dragging surgically sharp steel across your face - so - less is more for me. - I.

Back
Top Bottom